Linux System Administrator
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
A fantastic opportunity for a Linux System Administrator to support a Unix/Linux based server farm,networks and office IT infrastructure.
As Linux System Administrator you will work as an integral part of the System Administration team to securely administer the Company’s computing systems and networks and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organisational values and policies.
• Significant experience in managing Unix systems (Linux and OpenBSD);
• A strong background in installing, configuring and using free software/open source packages
such as Subversion, Postfix, Apache and similar ones;
• Proven experience with firewall and networking technologies;
• Significant experience in using and programming Unix shells;
• Meticulous in configuring and documenting systems to the highest standard;
• Willingness to run the IT in a free software/open source environment;
• Excellent problem solving capabilities;
• The ability to work independently as well as part of team;
• Excellent organisation skills e.g. ability to prioritise and multi task and complete the project
within defined timescales.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
• Willingness to learn and develop personal skills;
• A can-do proactive approach to work and a willingness to help others use IT effectively.
• Configuration, installation and maintenance of network devices such as switches, routers,firewalls, load balancers, VPN servers;
• Configuration, installation and maintenance of a variety of test and production servers such as web servers, databases, mail servers. There are hundreds of servers distributed across multiple international locations; the operating systems used are OpenBSD (on firewalls) and Linux, CentOS (on everything else);
• Creating and documenting the systems configuration and operations;
• To provide general technical assistance as required in the software and hardware diagnostics across the platforms (PC, Macintosh and Unix equipment) in the company. This includes direct involvement in all aspects of installation, upgrades and maintenance.
A new Linux System Administrator opportunity for a leading high tech new media company. Please apply today.
- Problem Solving
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job