Linux Specialist- IT Infrastructure Operations
Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of products designed to meet the particular needs of those who want credit products, however are unable to obtain them through mainstream products and services. The group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
Provident is currently undergoing significant transformational change within the Consumer Credit section of the business. Now is an exciting time to be part of the Tech & Change function as we shape the future of the business and more importantly how we continue to keep our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are very excited about our future and the road map ahead of us.
About the Role
As an Infrastructure Specialist, supporting Linux, you will be responsible for the maintenance, configuration, support and documentation of the organisations RedHat Linux estate. Working with a broad selection of other technologies you will be pivotal to the success of both new and existing IT deployments.
- With a focus on delivering quality Service at the core of our ethos, the Operations Delivery Infrastructure Specialist will maintain a high-quality work ethic and consistent performance standards, in line with key performance indicators and organisational SLA requirements within a "service orientated" IT structure.
- Provide core services support and maintenance of mission critical Server and Storage platforms for our internal customers.
- Delivering effective technical resolution to core service faults and platform faults in the form of Break/Fix actions, and Root Cause analysis
- be involved in service continuity, and improvement tasks, and to deliver assistance in the introduction of new solutions and platforms as a production service.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Third line support experience supporting Linux within a virtualized environment.
- Experience with LVM, and a good understanding of the LFS.
- Experience with LDAP (AD) authentication configuration and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of networking protocols/services and their implementation on the Linux platform, including VLANs, NetFilter, DNS & Routing.
- Good scripting skills in BASH, KSH or ZSH.
- Experience with Concurrent Versioning Systems.
- Experience of root cause analysis and problem management.
- Understanding and appreciation of the need for automation, IaaC, CVS.
- Working closely with Platform Design and Key Stakeholders to transition new IT services into production support.
- Strong discipline for creation of technical AND process documentation, working to defined build standards and templates.
- Demonstrable grounding in understanding business customer needs and business, project and architectural acumen.
- Experience deploying/supporting Apache, BIND, HA Proxy, Oracle, Squid.
- Experience supporting RedHat/CentOS.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience building packages from source tarballs / CVS.
- Programming experience in Ruby or Python.
- Working Knowledge and Experience with system monitoring and reporting packages such as HP One View, Solarwinds, System Centre Operations Manager 2012R2, Azure Monitor/OMS or New Relic.
- RedHat Certified Engineer
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have joined with Nuffield Health. Weekly classes are held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00, you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise. There is also an onsite Physio who members can schedule appointments with.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.
- Linux Specialist
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'