Our client a global financial services company is looking for a Linux / Unix Software Engineer to join their DevOps team.
Our client's scrum teams work across multiple Web & Mobile applications on a range of products. They have created an award winning customer portal and develop all of their mobile apps in-house.
Within their Digital team they approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set, focused on delivering small, value-driven enhancements. They achieve this within their scrum teams that include Scrum Masters, Developers, Testers, BAs, Solution Designers and DevOps Engineers to create brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining their existing products to improve code quality against their core development principles.
Our client is currently looking for a Linux Software Engineer / DevOps engineer with a passion for automation to develop their DevOps tools and culture to enable efficient, quicker delivery of quality software.
The successful Candidate will have a comprehensive knowledge of internet operations and technologies and a desire to create scalable, reusable solutions as part of an Agile team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and managing continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Implementing and managing systems that are highly available and scalable on the AWS platform
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate processes
- Supporting production applications on AWS
- Defining and deploying monitoring systems on AWS
- Programming and scripting against the AWSAPIs
- Experienced in scripting
- Experienced in one or both of Linux and Windows
- Experience supporting production applications on AWS or other cloud technologies is desirable not essential.
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Familiar with penetration testing and intrusion detection systems
This is a great opportunity to start a career within DevOps.
- Cloud Computing
- Software Engineering