Role: Linux Engineer
Initial 12 Month Contract
Daily Rate: Competitive
Overview: Role and Responsibilities
- Building, Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of Linux Redhat server platform level problems
- Development of internal automation tooling using common programming languages such as Perl and Python
- Collaborate with offshore Linux resources to help resolve any problems and be an escalation point for complex issues
- Build and configure new server platforms and develop automated tooling to speed up the process
- Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex application stack
- Automation of common tasks using application APIs and as Jira/Confluence, Git/Stash and Jenkins/TeamCity
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience configuring, managing & troubleshooting Linux Servers
- Ability and desire to perform scheduled out of hours work on a weekend (based on a roster of up to 2 weekends per month)
- Experience debugging a complex multi-server service, good understanding of DNS, NIS, DHCP, TCP/UDP, and core services
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Salt or Ansible
- Understanding of application deployment strategies and continuous integration
- Working within a product-centric environment
- Industry experience: Financial Services
- Excellent communication skills -written and verbal
- Eligible to work in the UK without visa support or sponsorship
If this position is of interest please submit your full CV for consideration.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'