As a member of the Crystal in-house selling system Infrastructure Team, the primary purpose of this role is to support and maintain the Linux OS environment running in Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) - , through which the company sells its holidays and extras.
What you will be doing
Working closely with the Development team and other business units you will be expected to support all systems which are a mix of on-premise and cloud infrastructure. You will be included in the Dev process of content release plus outage resolution, maintenance, capacity planning, disaster recovery planning. There will also be an element of service improvement and redesign of current systems and project work working with ski business units as well as with the wider UK&I TUI teams.
You will use your technical knowledge to innovate in build and maintain, improve current practices, providing designs and prototypes to provide support, input and technical direction/guidance when working closely with the wider Crystal and TUI UK’s Business, Service Delivery and Technical Services Team.
What we are looking for
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
• Proficient Linux OS, support and build
• Hands on Linux operation, deployment and bash CLI
• Understanding of ‘Infrastructure as Code’ – exposure to configuration management tools, for example Puppet, Ansible or Chef is desirable.
• Proficiency in script or code development using bash and python or similar, and version control using git
• Installation and basic configuration of Apache, tomcat/java and mysql servers
• Knowledge of system monitoring and logging tools, for example: Nagios, Cloudwatch, ELK, New Relic, or App Dynamics
• Experience of being part of a DevOps team or methodology
• Any other infrastructure skills are a plus
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for supporting the company’s selling system and associated applications based Linux platform, plus associated connectivity to 3rd party applications and TUI UK Datacentres
• To keep abreast of developments in IT in order to give a high value and respected input into the delivery of IT solutions
• Liaison and working with third party support teams
• Ensure new processes are documented, so that knowledge is passed on accurately
• Engage with third party suppliers and project teams to ensure the Infrastructure is developed with the appropriate levels of resilience minimising single points of failure
• Ensure necessary technical documentation and procedures are maintained and kept up to date.
• Work with Service Delivery Teams on problem resolution of incidents
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Core Competencies:
• Effective management of complex IT systems
• Service oriented
• Understand the techniques for managing infrastructure through scripting and automation
• Able to work on own initiative and look forward to anticipate workloads
• Awareness of targets and constraints and ability to work to these
• Understanding of commercial needs and be able to demonstrate that services are cost effective
• Ability to see the big picture, analyse complex technical landscapes and evaluate technical solutions
• Forward thinker, looking to actively improve price/performance via new methods and efficient design
• Strong team player
Working within TUI group
For us in Crystal Ski Holidays, the mountain is everything. We love it as much as our customers do - and we get to talk about it every day. Imagine that?
Since 1981 we’ve been finding the best places to ski, and the most beautiful lakes and mountains to awaken our senses in the summer months. We are the UK’s leading ski operator and our success is rooted in our people and their passion for the mountains. Many of us started out as reps overseas and have developed careers in the UK after several seasons on the snow. In fact several of the Leadership team started out that way.
We are enthusiastic, fun, approachable, and expert on all things ski & lakes. We work hard for our customers to ensure they can easily choose, book and experience the best possible holiday for them.
Crystal is part of TUI Group, the world’s number one integrated tourism business operating in around 180 countries worldwide with over 1,800 travel agencies across Europe, six airlines operating more than 130 aircraft, more than 300 Group-owned hotels and resorts and twelve cruise ships. Our 77,000 colleagues, all with a passion for holidays, work hard to deliver our customer promise ”Discover your smile”
Help make our customers smile and in return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and pension scheme. Additional benefits include holiday, flight and foreign exchange discounts, a childcare voucher scheme and lots more.*
How to apply
To apply for this role click the link below where you will be required to provide personal details, answer a few questions and upload your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job