Linux Engineer / DevOps Engineers - CI/CD, Jenkins, Docker,
A highly respected and established global brand are currently undertaking a large group IT & Digital Transformation Programme and the creation of a new Digital Engineering team rooted in modern architecture, flexible tools and infrastructure, and blended with an Agile mindset to deliver what their customers want and faster is very much the core of this transformation. Working with cutting-edge technology including the latest automation and DevOps tools and approaches, they're constantly looking for ways to drive their business forward and so they can continue to deliver quality and ecommerce solutions at velocity constantly looking to improve the way we work and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
We are looking for individuals who are collaborative and passionate about enhancing new agile ways of working to achieve a step change in the ability to deliver and exceed customer expectations.
This is a great role for a talented Engineer or Systems Administrator who is looking to forge a career in DevOps.
- Hands on involvement in building deployment and testing pipelines
- Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure and infrastructure support services such as monitoring.
- Designing and developing an infrastructure for delivering and running software.
- Work with stakeholder to understand their needs and continually improve the CI/CD pipeline.
- Learning new things every day, in a culture of continuous learning.
- Structured career progression, tailored to suit your needs. Working in a culture of Continuous personal development.
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting other engineers
Skills and Experience Required:
- Management and administration of Linux environments.
- Strong knowledge of version control software such as Git, BitBucket
- Experience of Virtualization technologies such as VMware or VirtualBox.
- A good communicator at a technical and non-technical level.
- Create strong relationships with Key stakeholders both in IT and business
- Knowledge of information security.
Ideally you will have previous experience of working within a DevOps culture however we are happy consider Linux Engineers who have a strong interest in starting a career within DevOps and who wish to learn the related tools and processes.
- Experience of working in cloud based infrastructure such as AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Principle and methodologies
- Knowledge of CI Management tools such as Jenkins, GoCD
- Experience using containerisation technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, LXC, Vagrant
- Working knowledge of build tools (Maven, Ant, Make, Gradle)
- Knowledge of database tools and technologies such as MySQL or Amazon Aurora and Modern database design and performance optimization techniques,
- Good understanding of artefact management (Artifactory)
- Experience of infrastructure provisioning tools and processes (Terraform, Packer)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Option for flexible working from home
- Time given to work on own projects
- All these as well as traditional benefits such as bonus, 9% contributory pension, healthcare and much more
The role is based in a vibrant office in the heart of Somerset within easy commute of Bristol, Bath, Taunton and Bridgwater.