Brief overview of the role:
An experienced Linux DevOps engineer needed to join a leading Secure IT Managed services organisation based in Shrivenham, Oxford.
This is a very exciting and rewarding opportunity to design and develop technical solutions to support a number of key government agencies. Prolinx technical staff engage with and provide leading edge solutions for a variety of customers including defence, blue light, science/medical and other industry research departments often within Universities. As such this is a very important role with critical outcomes.
You will be part of a small, agile and talented team responsible for developing, building and supporting of Linux and open source solutions within a secure managed services context along with diagnosing and resolving problems with existing Linux infrastructure.
You will be a part of a great company, where you will be able to grow and develop your skills and experience.
Routine duties include but are not limited to;
- Maintain and improve our secure Linux hosted offerings of over multiple platforms, all based on RedHat Enterprise Linux versions 6, 7 and 8
- Provide 3rd Line Technical Support and Fault Resolution to 1st/2nd Line Support Teams
- Support the development and implementation of Open Source and DevOps tooling for use internally and with our customers
- Provide Subject Matter Technical advice and support
- Support the design process for Linux based solutions
- Help drive adoption of automation processes throughout the business
- Act as a focal point for Technical Personnel within their area of responsibility
- Understanding and knowledge of Agile/Scrum working practices
- DevOps Toolsets, Linux OS deployments and Maintenance
- A working knowledge of TCP/IP Networking
- Knowledge and understanding of OS hardening techniques
Essential Skills and Experience
A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a Linux engineering environment and a working experience of DevOps, along with the following:
- Enterprise Linux OS (Red Hat, CentOS, Oracle)
- CI/CD Pipelines
- DevOps toolsets including Terraform, Git, Packer and Vault
- Configuration management - Ansible or Puppet
- Database Administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB or InfluxDB)
- Discipline to follow ITIL best practices and ISO9001, ISO20000 & ISO27001 certifications
- Discipline to follow development and deployment best practices
Desired Skills and Experience
- Storage Technologies (Fibre Channel, Storage Arrays, Software Defined Storage)
- Network Technologies (LAN, WAN, Cisco switching, Juniper and Fortinet security products) and working knowledge of TCP/IP Networking
- Virtualisation management experience - VMware, XenServer, OpenStack or Hyper-V
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes or Openshift
- Red Hat Satellite
- Linux PKI
Desired Certifications or recent years’ experience
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator or equivalent experience
- Red Hat Satellite
- Kubernetes Certified Administrator
- VMware Cloud Native Master Specialist
- Analytical & Problem solving skills
- Excellent Time Management & organisational skills
- A flexible approach to work at all times and the commitment to ensure tasks are completed to deadline
- Work autonomously or as part of a Team
- Prepared to travel when necessary to customer site or other Prolinx locations
- Ability to obtain (without restrictions) Security Clearance to at least SC level
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'