Our client is at the forefront for the Manufacturing sector. Due to expansion they are now looking for a highly motivated Line Setter to join their successful team. Along with the security this role offers the successful candidate it is also an opportunity to work for one of the region’s most innovative manufacturing companies.
- Conduct changeovers of hazardous/flammable gases and liquids.
- Use Dial Type Indicators to measure critical dimensions accurately, and record the results.
- Set up pneumatic switches, delays and valves to optimize equipment.
- Adjust pneumatic aerosol filling equipment crimp widths and diameters to ensure that a high quality product is manufactured.
- Set up Domino, Videojet and Hitachi inkjet coding machines using digital controls.
- Fault-find on machinery which will include pneumatically controlled filling machines, conveyors, heated water baths, capping machines, stretch and shrink wrappers, diaphragm pumps, valves, mixing and blending equipment, motors and liquid transfer lines.
- Carry out plumbing work to process pipework using compression fittings.
- Identify areas for efficiency improvement and improve these areas yourself.
- Conduct routine maintenance as required by the Preventive Maintenance schedule. This will include oil fills, filter changes, seal replacement, detailed cleaning of machinery etc.
- Ensure that repairs are completed to a high standard.
- Assist on the line when not directly involved with Setting and Maintenance.
- Ability to work alone to the highest standards.
- Ability to work safely and in a controlled manner.
- Good team worker.
- Ability to deliver results without constant supervision.
- Experience of mechanical engineering and packaging.
- Experience of operating in a fast moving manufacturing environment
- The ability and enthusiasm to work backshift and nightshift is essential.