Gap Personnel operating as a recruitment business are looking for 2 production line leading operatives, if you have any line leading experience, or have worked in a production environment and have the relevant experience please get in touch , lots of training provided and the opportunity to work with an award winning company based in chard
The role will involve the following;
- Leading operatives on a production line, wrapping whole and portioned cheeses.
- Ensuring all cheese is cleared for use and is packed to the correct quality standards.
- Ensuring all production checks are completed accurately and on time and that all products are appropriately and accurately labelled, according to Customers specifications.
- Working with the Team Leader to optimise cheese yields, minimising waste and giveaway.
- Maintaining full traceability of products through the packing and despatch process, including use of the EFACS system.
- Working safely and following Company Health and Safety policies and work instructions.
- Assisting the Team Leader and Training Supervisor in the training of Packing Operatives.
- Operation of Packing Machines and Line Equipment in the department.
- Ensuring work areas and equipment are cleaned as set out in the cleaning schedule.
- Accurately completing any associated administration
The candidate will need the following;
- Ability to read, write and speak good English, including numerical information.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Food Hygiene Level 2 (training provided).
- HACCP Level 2 (training provided).
- COSHH (training provided).
Basic hours of 40 per week Monday to Friday. Typical approx. working hours for the lines are:
Monday 0630 - 1530
Tuesday 0630 - 1200
Wednesday 0630 - 1530
Thursday 0630 - 1630
Friday 0630 - 1530