Line Cook / Junior Chef de Partie
We’re a thriving team passionate about working together to deliver excellence, all in a natural forest environment.
Join the UK’s number one short break destination. We are proud to have more than 7,000 team members across five Center Parcs Villages and Head Office, working to create memorable experiences for families in beautiful forest locations.
A range of quality own-brand and high street restaurants and cafés, mixed with great food, family-friendly menus and a generous sprinkling of excellent service. That’s the recipe for success in our Food and Beverage department.
Around each Village, the Food and Beverage department employs around 350 team members across nine different restaurants, cafés and bars, as well as a production kitchen. There’s also a further five concessionary units including well-known brands such as Bella Italia and Café Rouge. From American grills to authentic Indian cuisine, or for those wanting a relaxing drink after a busy day, there’s something to suit all appetites at Center Parcs.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
- Annual profit share/management bonus
- Staff Reward Scheme
- Free use of leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in restaurant and retail outlets
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are recruiting for a Line Cook / Junior Chef de Partie to join our busy team.
In this role, you will prepare, cook and present menu items to agreed standards. You will assist the Kitchen Managers with the general supervision and coaching of the Kitchen Assistants and deputise for the Kitchen Managers in their absence; maintaining the smooth running of the kitchen.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the guests’ requirements are always met and naturally seeking out opportunities to exceed their expectations
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the kitchen area is maintained to a high standard and that all company and legal requirements are met at all times
- Following guidelines on stock control, portion control and food wastage, taking action as necessary to maintain food Cost of Sales for the unit
- Supporting the Kitchen Managers with implementation and production of menus, procedures and standards as required
- Attending all company training as required for legal purposes, personal development or development of new menus and dishes
- Complying with the guidelines and practices in respect on food safety as detailed in the Food Safety Manual
The ideal candidate will be naturally helpful, enthusiastic and have excellent communication skills.
HOURS OF WORK
You will be contracted to work 150 hours per 4 week period on a flexible basis. This means that your hours and days of work could vary each week, but you will always receive at least your contracted hours each period.
As our village is open 365 days of the year, your working hours may include working weekends, bank holidays and during Christmas and/or New Year on a rota basis.
- Previous experience as a Line Cook / Junior Chef de Partie including supervisory and training experience or previous experience as a Kitchen Assistant within a quality establishment producing a range of dishes using fresh produce
- A good standard of spoken and written English is required
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate
- Formal cooking qualification or willingness to study towards
Closing date: 21 August 2018 at 12 Noon
Interviews to be held: 30 August 2018
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'