LIMS developer / architect, strong programming. Genomics / NGS. diagnostics / bioinformatics company Cambridge
Your new company
A well-established diagnostics company in the Cambridge area, that are currently undergoing strong growth in their bioinformatics, statistics and biology teams to help drive their new development efforts.
The company is heavily focused on genomics & NGS within clinical and in-vitro diagnostics (IVD), and are recruiting several experienced LIMS architects, bioinformaticians, biostatisticians and data scientists with strong programming and analysis skills to help drive their company forward and make a real difference in the diagnosis of patients with diseases such as cancer.
Your new role
You will be focusing on the design, development and implementation of new facets and functionality for their LIMS (laboratory information management system); working closely with stakeholders to collect / determine user requirements and translate these.
You will also be involved in the analysis of NGS data from clinical samples to help optimise the company's development efforts for their diagnostic tests. This role is critical to the business, so you will be in a position to make a significant impact on the company.
Working as part of a cross-functional team, you will be responsible for managing self-contained LIMS / bioinformatics projects and collaborating on larger projects with colleagues in departments such as molecular biology, engineering, and software/IT development.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and managing upgrades / optimisation on the company LIMS;
- Project management, including setting timelines and milestones;
- Hands-on programming, ideally in Python;
- Liaising with major stakeholders;
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert;
- Working with molecular biologists to help interpret data and optimise experimental approaches, as well as helping manage workflows;
- The analysis of clinical genomic / NGS data;
- Gathering user requirements and working to prioritise these;
- Providing training and support to colleagues.
What you'll need to succeed
As well as strong communication, organisational and time management skills, you should have:
- An MSc / PhD (or equivalent experience) in bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics, computer science, biology or a related subject;
- A track record of working with / developing features for LIMS or other laboratory systems;
- Ideally exposure to the analysis of genomic (eg sequencing / NGS, RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, methylation) or other clinical data;
- Strong programming skills in a language such as R, Python, Perl, C/C++ or similar, with experience of acting as a solution architect or working with HPC an advantage; and
- Good project management skills.
Candidates with knowledge / experience of biomarker discovery or validation, clinical diagnostics, commercial product development, or IVD/medical device quality and regulatory requirements are encouraged to apply.
What you'll get in return
The chance to work on a range of interesting projects in a great company atmosphere, as well as the ability to directly influence the development of diagnostics products that will make a real difference to patients.
You'll also be joining the company as they go into their next growth phase, so there will be chances to further develop your skills and career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career, especially as there are a number of other bioinformatics, data science and statistics positions available.
Keywords: LIMS, lab, laboratory, information, management, system, solution, architect, developer, automation, bioinformatics, bioinformatician, data, science, statistics, statistical, biomarker, discovery, genetics, genomics, NGS, PCR, sequence, Bayesian, biomarker, machine, learning, programmer, programming, scientist, diagnostics, molecular, python, R, C, Bash, medical, device, IVD, platform, project, manager, developer, tool, pipeline, computational, computer, oncology, FreezerPro, Clarity
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'