Adecco are currently recruiting for a LIFT ENGINEER to work for a local authority in WANDSWORTH.
TEMP ROLE (2 MONTHS)
£18.41 PER HOUR
Must have a few years experience as a lift engineer and will need to be qualified to NVQ level 3 lift engineering or Equivalent as a minimum requirement.
- Responsible to the Senior Lift Engineer (P05) for the management and supervision of lift installations, lift services including Boroughwide lift maintenance contracts and project work undertaken by the post holder. Adheres to all management & maintenance procedures and ensures that the council's design policy is maintained.
- Carries out annual maintenance site inspections, pre and post inspections as required on all lifts. Produces lift Survey reports following referrals from Estate Services Officers, area teams, residents and members. Issues highlighted are immediately addressed. Carry out full surveys of equipment and provide the contractor with a defect list to be addressed on the next scheduled maintenance visit. Ensures that the contractor provides maintenance completion certification for each lift that is reviewed.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all insurance reports related work for all Council lifts. Raise all highlighted repair defects to the contractor which are to be completed within the designated time scale. Forward all insurance reports with observations and defects to the lift contractor to address on the next scheduled maintenance visit. Ensures all reports, certificates and other documents are stored electronically.
- Ensures that all work is carried out in compliance with British Standards, any legislation relating to lifts and Health and Safety at Work Regulations and ensures that amendments, additions or updates to the regulations are complied with. Report all Health and Safety defects on to the Housing Estate Service repairs department.
- Ensure that agreed work programmes are adhered to and evaluate any request from contractors for an extension to this programme. Evaluate applications for interim payments. Ensure that the Senior Lift Engineer and Lift Manager is kept informed of negotiations, work in progress and any design, programme or financial changes in projects and obtains authority for changes where necessary.
- Utilise the Lift Monitoring System (LMS) CMS Anywhere to verify that all lifts within the borough are in service and are operating correctly, if there any anomalies are found and react proactively and contact the Wandsworth Emergency Control to request a SITREP or ESO inspection. Monitor the contractor and equipment alike and to scrutinise and validity of the contractor's callout Invoices and to ensure that the specification is adhered before any payments are sanctioned. Check the EMU and BT phone lines is functioning correctly, reboot EMU's on site and report findings on to Senior Lift Engineer. Ensure contractors use the Council's online facilities to pay invoices and monitor contractors inputting of dates on the housing management system.
- Investigate reports from Area Teams on lifts out of order or recurring breakdowns, taking remedial action. Conduct correspondence with Area Teams and other outside bodies to ensure that damage and repair work to lift equipment is carried out.
- Liaise with residents and tenant management organisations regarding lift related matters and where necessary attend meetings with them. Update residents with written letters when carrying out any works which will surpass a 24 hour period. Ensure that the contractor complies with the detailed specifications and requirements prescribed under "lift shutdowns" for more than a 12 hour period
- Supervising and visiting lift refurbishment works on a daily basis when possible to ensure that the contractor complies with the detailed specifications and requirements prescribed for all aspects of the work. Compiling a weekly clerk of works report consisting of percentage of works completed, working within the schedule and keeping the project on course to finish within the completion date. Ensure all weekly clerk of works reports are monitored for factually correctness and compliance. Attend and minute monthly meetings with the consultant and contractors to discuss any issues that have arisen ensure that the contract is on target and compliant.
- Regularly attend contract management meetings and play an active role in them, including chairing the meeting as well as pre and post meeting discussions on performance and delivery. After the meeting draft or check the Minutes as soon as possible and submit them to the Chair for approval, Distribute the minutes to all parties, If action points are raised, check that they know what they are meant to do that job, and when the point needs to be addressed by.
FULL JOB SPEC CAN BE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Lift Engineer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'