Life Underwriter (Level 2)
We are currently looking to expand our Life Underwriter team within our busy Exeter office and we are seeking an experienced underwriter to join our great existing team.
LV= recognises the importance of helping our employees to balance their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements, and for that reason we are happy to consider Home Working as an option.
Using your professional and technical experience you will be responsible for underwriting new business applications for life insurance on appropriate risk related terms. You will be working very closely with our Level 1 Underwriters where your main role will be to assess medical reports received back from GP’s and Nurse screenings, then making a final decision on terms.
You will be contracted at 37.5 hours per week. Your shifts will be 7.5 hours per day between our opening hours of 8.30am - 6.30pm Monday - Friday.About You
You will have previous Life insurance experience underwriting Protection policies in a target driven, customer focused environment, as well as ideally having an underwriting qualification, however this is not essential.
With the customer at the forefrontof what we do here at LV=, the successful individual will have excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills to ensure that the process runs smoothly for our customers and ensure all medical report evidence is collected appropriately. You will also be keen to drive your own development and be interested in undertaking exams to enable this which LV= will support with.The Details
- Assessment of Life products to determine which terms if any, can be offered
- Assessing medical evidence appropriate to the risk presented while ensuring that we deliver a Best Loved experience to our customers
- Making accurate and confident decisions within authority
- Interacts with colleagues and customers resulting in positive relationships
- Deal with any appeals or requests for justification of acceptance terms bearing in mind the responsibilities under the Disability Discrimination Act
- Decline applications where the risk is clearly unacceptable
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday - which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read moreabout it)
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work here.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'