Fairburn Mews, Castleford
£7.50 an hour
At Fairburn Mews we work primarily with people that need mental health care and have complex needs, including personality and psychotic disorders. Service users may also have physical needs including PEG tubes and other needs associated with diseases such as Huntington's. We believe a home is for life and as our service users health needs change we work with local health teams and provide a comprehensive end of life pathway, ensuring that the core values of care are maintained.
As a member of the support team your enthusiasm, compassion, drive and warmth is key for this exciting role. You will help and assist our Service Users with Learning Disabilities to feel valued, respected and included in daily/weekly social, recreational and educational activities.
- Plan & organise in house activities, including social activities & events with the Life Skills Co-ordinator
- Identify each Service Users needs whilst promoting independence and choice
- Assist in the development of weekly programmes ensuring all individuals needs are attained
- Plan and organise monthly residents meetings
- Risk assess planned activites and venues with the Life Skills Co-ordinator
- Access appropriate transport
- Monitor and review Service Users participation
- Help to organise and plan fund raising events
- You will need to be well organised and whilst you should be a good team player you should also be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instruction.
Ideally we would like you to have a QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in Health & Social Care. Experience and involvement in social and recreational activities for Service Users and a full driving licence would be advantageous.
What we can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction programme with opportunities for further training and development
- On the job training
- Career progression
- Job satisfaction
- Employee benefits scheme - online shopping discounts and vouchers
- Administrative Activities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job