My client is a global leader within the Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics industries, with a team of over 8,000 employees and a global network of operations that serves the industry - they are within the top five leading life science companies globally.
Offering a wide range of instruments, software, consumables, reagents, and content for the growing fields of cell biology, drug discovery, gene expression as well as protein purification.
Supporting laboratories throughout the world their products and solutions are based on technologies used to separate, purify, identify, analyse, and amplify biological materials such as antibodies, proteins, nucleic acids, cells and bacteria.
- You will be educated to MSc in Immunology or related discipline. PhD advantageous
- Scientific knowledge of immunology and antibody-based applications including flow cytometry, IHC, western blotting and ELISA
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to establish and maintain working relationships with suppliers
- Ability to assess value/commercial viability of new products, and to work on projects both independently and in collaboration with Marketing within the antibody team and the wider group
- Two years post-graduate experience in the biotechnology industry
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail and G Suite. MS Access advantageous
The Role of the Product Development Researcher:
- Sourcing of potential new products to fit in with current Marketing focus areas through the establishment of business relationships with both academic and commercial suppliers, and WWW searches
- Introduction of new products into catalogue range including data entry tasks, project tracking throughout the new product development (NPD) process in accordance with internal quality assurance (QA) requirements, and the compilation of both internal and customer-facing product-related documentation with reference to company style guides and compliance
- Meeting with suppliers/attending external meetings/conferences. Attending internal portfolio team meetings to discuss product development, including regular contact with the portfolio team Product Manager and the compilation and presentation of new project proposals, to assist with decision making process
- Identification and further development of key reagents, and product ranges, including image and data sourcing, recommendations for new conjugates, species cross-reactivity testing and new sizes
- Maintaining up to date information in relation to designated relabel suppliers, and to inform Product Managers of new opportunities and problematic products, for which sourcing of replacement may be required
- Background knowledge of products through the reading of references and contact with suppliers and Technology Transfer groups
- 10% Bonus Per Annum
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holiday Days + 1 Day for Your Birthday
- Life Insurance 4 x Salary
- Healthcare with BUPA (Discounted for family)
- Critical illness Cover
- Up to 8% Matched Pension
- Childcare Vouchers
- Long Service Award
- Free Onsite Parking
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Product Manager
- Project Tracking
- Quality Assurance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job