Life Science Sales Engineer
Location: Hatfield, Herts
Must have practical experience of microscope imaging (such as fluorescence microscopy) and knowledge of microscopy applications and techniques (FRET, TIRF etc).
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience and Personality:
*Minimum of Degree in Life Science related subject
*Technical sales experience required
*Excellent interpersonal skills
*Fluent English , both written and oral
*Strong team spirit
*Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
*Ability to travel
*Full, clean UK driving licence
Life Science Sales Engineer Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Explaining product brochures and technical information to customers, and providing technical
advice where appropriate.
2. Providing application support to customers wherever possible.
3. Providing both written and verbal quotations to customers and entering into commercial negotiation
to secure the business.
4. Customer visits and perform camera demonstrations, typically with microscope.
5. Probing for commercial information from enquires.
6. Progressing all sales leads to secure the business, or when necessary to investigate why the
business was not successful.
7. Providing technical and commercial information to the parent company then liaising with
engineers to help answer customers queries.
8. Daily activities such as updating Company’s CRM system. Updating company filing systems after
corresponding with a client.
9. Providing literature and other information to customers.
10. Attending the regular sales meeting to discuss business.
11. Attendance at exhibitions / conferences.
12. Customer training (hardware and software)
Infrequent and Other Possible Tasks:
1. Help to set-up and attend exhibitions.
2. Helping to write advertisements and press releases, where necessary.
3. Helping to resolve customer logistical problems, such as late delivery, rejected goods, late payment,
4. Helping to produce reports such as sales forecasts and sales data, when requested.
5. Obtaining competitor technical and commercial information.
6. Studying market trends and helping to find new applications.
7. Helping to find new business opportunities by looking at particular application and market areas:
calling unknown clients, mailshots, etc. This is done in conjunction with sales managers.
8. Performing other sales related tasks as requested by the sales manager.
Sales Engineer - Life Science, microscope imaging, fluorescence microscopy, FRET, TIRF