Our client is one of the Worlds leading Niche Insurers with an award winning history of underwriting a wide range of Insurance products and offering an outstanding client service.
They now seek a Senior Life Science Underwriter for the Midlands/South Region to underwrite new and existing business in the Life Science sector. This can be any combination of mono-line or packaged Employers Liability, Public Liability, Products & Services Liability, Property, Clinical Trials and Errors and Omissions including Cyber.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of their Life Sciences offering to the Midlands / South Region Broker market, focusing on strong broker relationships, sector knowledge, and market profile. In addition to working alongside other business lines to generate profitable growth and retention.
The successful candidate will be involved in business strategy and acquiring technical knowledge in a competitive and ever changing market place.
The successful candidate can be based from either Birmingham or Reading.
To be qualified for the role, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to underwrite complex and large combined accounts and show own initiative
- Strong background in risk management, servicing multinational clients, strong market knowledge and a strong profile amongst the broking market.
- Up to date on relevant regulatory and compliance issues
- Proven track record in business development and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong technical knowledge of commercial and complex combined
- Experience of Life Science is preferred, but is not essential, but an ambition to work within this area is necessary
- Working towards Dip CII or ACII
WE ALSO INVITE APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES THAT ARE STRONG CASUALTY UNDERWRITERS OR DEVELOPMENT FOCUSED BROKERS WITH EXPERTISE IN LIFE SCIENCE.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work for one of the very best Insurers in the market. An attractive remuneration package is on offer to attract the best.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job