Our client, a respected local council, is looking for a Licensing Officer on an initial two month contract in Cumbria, with a potential opportunity for extension after this period. This position is due to start immediately, and will be 37 hours per week, with flexible working hours available. The salary for this role is competitive.
The ideal candidate must have a strong Licensing background with an in-depth knowledge of relevant Acts and processes. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone seeking employment in a fast-paced environment with strong career development opportunities.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Demonstrating knowledge of The Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, Local Government Act 1976 and 1974, Vehicle Act 2000, and the Health Act 2000 and to act upon these wherever necessary
- Working closely with the administration team regarding the enforcement of necessary Acts
- Conducting PACE interviews, and therefore utilising knowledge of PACE and RIPA
- Attend regular meetings within the Licensing department to ensure that all tasks and processes are in accordance with the high standards set by the Council
- Respond to enquiries, investigate complaints and issue licenses within prescribed statutory timescales
- Be the first point of contact for all licensing queries, ensuring that a high level of service is given
- Ensure authorities meet its statutory responsibilities regarding all licensing policies and taking appropriate action wherever necessary
- Advising premises on appropriate courses of action where possible, and subsequently write reports demonstrating the course of action taken for each case
- Working in partnership with trading standards and the police
- Granting, revoking, and suspending licenses where necessary
- Giving advice on aspects of Licensing including: gambling, taxis, food and drink, alcohol, scrap metal and street trading
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of James Andrews Recruitment Solutions who are operating as an employment agency and business. James Andrews Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.