Our client, a Local Authority, is currently recruiting for a Licensing Enforcement Officer on a temporary contract for a four week contract in Lancashire. The role is due to start immediately and will be for 37 hours per week. The successful candidate will be able to apply for the permanent post he salary for this role is competitive.
The ideal candidate must have experience within Licensing and be prepared to complete an interim contract. For further information please contact Emily Reynolds.
Please note as the role is only for four weeks the duties will predominantly include:
* Conduct Committee referrals and reports in the office for intelligence of licensing infringements and those who are in breach of their License
* Carry out basic inspections if required, focussing on Taxis
* Responsible for the Enforcement of: The Licensing Act 2003, The Gambling Act 2005, Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 & 1982, Town Police Clauses Act 1847, The Vehicles (Crime) Act 200, Clean Neighbourhoods & Environment Act 2005 and The Health Act 2006
* Validate Pub/Bar/Club/Driver/Vehicle and Civil Partnership Ceremony premises
* Respond to enquiries, investigate complaints and issue licenses within prescribed statutory timescales
* Grant, revoke and suspend licenses
* Write reports and present them at the Licensing Committee and Subcommittee
* Liaise with statutory consultees and officers in relation to applications and representations
* Conduct PACE interviews, utilising knowledge of PACE and RIPA
* Enforce and issue legal notices, presented legal cases to Magistrates/Crown Courts and gave evidence
* Process licensing applications and check existing applications
* Review existing licensing processes and updating them where applicable
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of James Andrews Recruitment Solutions who are operating as an employment agency and business. James Andrews Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.