My client are a SE London local government office who are currently recruiting an Administrator who is experienced in Enforcement, Licensing and Grants Coordinator.
Main Purpose of the job:
To co-ordinate the delivery of all Private Sector Housing Services which includes:
• Assisting in the effective delivery of relevant statutory obligations
• Responding to enquiries from home owners, private landlords, tenants, and vulnerable client groups on standards and council services and interventions to improve the private sector stock in the borough.
• Providing customer advice and assistance on matters relating to grants, home improvements, enforcement and licensing.
• Providing effective administrative services which support the smooth and efficient running of the unit.
• Maintain databases to enable monitoring of casework across the unit.
Summary of Responsibilities and Personal Duties:
1. Undertake all duties associated with the coordination and administrative support to the Private Sector unit in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures, council standing orders and financial regulations.
2. Provide high quality, confidential and trustworthy customer focused services to home owners, landlords, tenants and lettings agencies.
3. Respond to enquiries on housing standards and interventions in line with most recent changes in regulations and legislation.
4. Follow procedures to ensure the effective administration of applications for home improvement grants or loans, disabled facilities grants and HMO licences, including fees, charges and payments.
5. Ensure value for money by accurate record keeping, verification of information provided by applicants to check for breaches and potential fraud and apply relevant charges.
6. Assist clients in making applications, means testing and attending client homes if required.
7. Handle cash, cheques, credit/debit card payments and monitor payments to contractors.
8. Administer tender documents, estimates and invoices.
9. At all times, maintain accurate and up-to-date easily accessible data on all assessments and decisions relating to casework across the unit. Ensure data complies with Data Protection and document retention requirements.
If this sounds like the perfect ongoing temporary booking for you and you have the right experience do not hesitate in submitting your CV asap!
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business