Licensed Security Officer £10.96ph
Would you like to help us make the world a safer place, people protecting people?
Hi, we're Securitas, we guard and protect things, right now somewhere around the world someone's most important assets are being monitored and protected by our Security Teams. From maintaining a safe environment for fans at Wembley Stadium or monitoring CCTV for savers cash at a global Bank, through to guarding the real estate and construction workforce for one of the UK's largest Rail infrastructure projects, our Security Officers play an integral role in making people feel safe.
You will be required to work 6 on (days and nights) 3 off
£10.96 Per Hour
Must be flexiable
Have a valid SIA licence
How you will make an impact as a Licensed Security Officer:
- You will play a vital security role in protecting our client's site, property and assets whilst keeping both employees and visiting customers safe.
- Conduct external and internal security patrols
- Monitor fire alarms, intruder alarms and CCTV as appropriate
- Provide traffic control and apply parking restrictions as required.
- You will always remain alert and vigilant to detect and deter any suspicious or threatening activity.
- As a Security Officer, you will retain full control of any threatening behaviour until the arrival of the Police or other external agency.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are always followed recording and reporting all faults, health and safety hazards.
- Operate radios, pagers, clocking equipment and any other physical security equipment used on site.
- Carry out initial investigations and report both verbally and in writing on incidents, suspicious activities, objects and vehicles.
What you will bring to the role of a Licensed Security Officer:
- Previous experience gained in a Corporate or Retail Security environment is essential.
- You will hold a current SIA License
- Applicants will possess excellent customer service skills
- Applicants will have good communication skills, able to articulate with authority
- You must be able to remain calm and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- You will have a resilient approach to your guarding duties
- You will be vigilant and alert, able to use caution and apply an inquisitive mindset to your duties.
- All applicants must hold a clear 5-year checkable employment history
- A basic level of PC literacy is required, able to use email and operate a two-way radio.
- You will be required to work 6 on (days and nights) 3 off.
- Securitas Benefits:
- Up to 25 days Annual Leave
- Company Pension and Life Assurance Scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Wellness advice and support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Car lease and new car purchasing schemes
- Employee discounts and cashback savings across hundreds of your favourite high street brands, online shopping, holidays, and days out.
- City & Guilds accredited training program for professional and personal development
- Support to gain your SIA license
Our values are the foundation of our operations and the corporate culture is built on these values that help to shape a long-term, financially successful enterprise by creating value for customers, employees, and shareholders. They are summarized in three words: Integrity, Vigilance, and Helpfulness.
With our roots dating back to 1934, Securitas is one of the largest security service organizations in the world, we have around 150,000 clients, of which 150 are globally listed companies. We specialize in protecting corporate organizations, small to medium-sized businesses, and the public so a successful applicant will join an industry leader with over 370,000 employees, of which 9,500 are in the UK.
Securitas is encouraging and empowering Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace and has been recognised with both UK SuperBrand and UK Top Employer awards for 2019. We are a company where you can develop your Security career, with access to training and the ability to gain professionally recognised qualifications so you can grow in confidence and take on more responsibility.
Join the Securitas Team today!
- Security Officer | Security Guard | SIA | Security Licence | Patrol | CCTV | Guarding
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'