Are you a Home Office Licence holder looking for a new opportunity?
Searching for a chance to progress further within the Scientific Research industry?
Then look no further, as a temporary licensed/experienced Animal Technician role has arisen in the Oxford area. We are currently seeking hardworking, motivated candidates to join a busy and successful facility dedicated to the care and welfare of the animals. This role is suitable for those with Home Office License modules 1-3 and those ready to obtain their Home Office License.
What does the role entail?
The client is looking for a candidate who has a strong empathy towards animals, who is positive and reliable and confident is liaising with colleagues and research staff. . The successful candidate will undertake an active role in general husbandry, health monitoring, welfare and care of the animals, within the client's modern bio facility.
The daily duties as a Licensed Animal Technician include:
- Responsible for the care, welfare and husbandry of the animals at the facility
- Performing procedures using your Home office licence
- Work within defined Standard Operational Procedures (SOP's)
- Responsible for effectively maintaining animal record management systems including the database systems
- Performing general health checks on the animals
- Participate in suitable training programs
What Experience and Qualifications do I need?
To apply for the role of a Licensed Animal Technician, you will need to have the following Experience and Qualifications:
- Home Office License Modules 1-3 is desirable
- Preferrably IAT Level 2 qualifications or equivalent
- Experience of working with animals or hold an animal related qualification
- Working knowledge of the Animal Scientific Procedures Act
- The ability to follow set procedures with a keen eye for detail
- A genuine passion for working with animals and their welfare
To proceed with your application for this role, simply apply to this advert, or alternatively you can send an up to date CV
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted. All successful applications are subject to S3 Science's stringent vetting and security checks.
S3 Science is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job