Agenda is the largest provider of Animal Technicians within the Life Science sector, so these positions are an exceptional opportunity for someone to develop in this field. We are looking for an adventurous individual who would like to contribute to the research industry while maintaining a high welfare standard.
As a Licensed Animal Technician, you will be responsible for providing a high standard of service and being expected to follow key animal care protocols to ensure the welfare of all animals within the research facility.
- Home Office Personal Licence Modules A, B is essential
- Home Office Personal Licence Module C is desirable
- Experience working with laboratory rodents.
- Knowledge of breeding and maintenance of wild-type and transgenic mice is desirable.
- Experience conducting procedures such as taking genotyping samples and administering injections is advantageous, but full training will be provided.
- IAT Level 2 Animal Technology or equivalent with a willingness to work towards IAT Level 3 in Animal Technology and Animal Husbandry
- Familiarity with IVC is essential, and Isolator systems desirable.
- Knowledge of lab safety regulations, procedures, and COSHH
- Willingness to undertake weekend and bank holiday working as part of a rota basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day care of transgenic and wild-type rodents, including general husbandry, always ensures animals' welfare.
- Maintain breeding colonies to ensure adequate numbers of animals are produced with a minimum surplus to meet user demands.
- Responsible for the weaning of all mice.
- Issuing animals to researchers in response to requests and orders received, keeping meticulous records using existing databases and other record-keeping spreadsheets.
- Assist with experimental procedures as and when required by users.
- Responsible for ensuring all animal welfare concerns brought to the attention of the facility NACWO.
- Cage washing, bottle washing, and preparation to a high standard, requiring the use of purpose-built machines.
- General housekeeping duties within the facility including cleaning equipment, prep rooms, and floors in accordance with SOPS and Risk Assessments
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy, and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a complete and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'