Library Service Team Asset Assistant
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
Please note that this is a fixed term contract for a duration of 12 months.
The hours of work are 6:00am - 2:00pm, Monday - Friday.
The purpose of this role is to support the effective functioning of the face to face network through a secure and professional driver service including sorting, distribution and maintenance of resources, collections and deliveries. They also carry out remedial and proactive presentation work as required.
Customer Services provide a customer focused service through the existing library locations across Essex. These services also specifically includes Registration, Library and Coroners Service responsibilities.
This role works as part of the Library Service specialism, providing logistical and operational support to the Customer Service Managers and front line locations to ensure that all logistical activities are completed.
The Library Asset Support Assistants play a key role in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of library/Face to face network providing a quality service for the community. They are responsible for providing the co-ordinated logistical activities that ensure that the customer service front lines have the support and resources that they need to operate. They do this by providing a secure, efficient, professional and timely driver/ collection/ delivery services, and physical support services.
Role specific accountabilities:
* Take delivery of materials and other goods, ensuring deliveries are checked and forwarded to the correct part of the premises as and when required to ensure efficient support for customer services.
* Ensure that any presentation and business related materials and equipment are maintained as required to ensure safe and effective customer services.
* Carry out Health and Safety checks when using machinery or other equipment in accordance with guidelines as required. Ensure that risk assessments for the vehicles are kept up-to-date and inform line manager of any change in circumstances that require any amendment to them.
* Prepare, sort and distribute books, equipment and other materials; load and unload vehicles as required so that there is an efficient delivery to service points.
* Operate a delivery route as required according to daily schedule; collecting and transporting library service books, registration service documents, equipment and other materials securely between service points, partner locations and the Library Support Unit, as required, in support of service activities.
* Drive vehicles in line with the requirements of the Highway Code and ECC Driving Standards Code of Practice, where these exceed minimum legal requirements.
* Ensure a good standard of customer care is maintained at all times. Resolve queries from customers and colleagues and/or ensure that messages are passed on to the line manager, as appropriate. Make line manager aware of any complaints or requests for service received.
* Carry out daily vehicle and health & safety checks in accordance with guidelines and ensure tail-lift and other equipment on the vehicle is operated in line with manufacturer's instructions and ensure the fuel tank is kept to a minimum level of half full.
* Ensure that the vehicles are maintained, kept clean and tidy and washed at regular intervals, in accordance with instructions, including delivery and collection of vehicles for maintenance and repair.
* Holder of a full current UK driving licence.
* Knowledge and experience of driving a light van or similar vehicle.
* Evidence of successfully delivering outcomes in relevant services.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to carry out health and safety and basic vehicle safety checks.
* Demonstrable experience of working effectively as part of a team.
* Experience of working in a customer focused public services in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
* Specialist maintenance skills as required to undertake remedial/ presentation works as required by libraries.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- customer service
- health and safety
- good communication skills
- UK driving licence
- delivery of goods
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'