We are seeking a Library Manager for an exciting new College in Doha.The College Library Manager’s primary role is to manage, organise, evaluate and disseminate academic information and provide support to members of the academic community including students, researchers and lecturing staff. They will be responsible for developing the library collection, both book and virtual, to support specific academic study and develop specialist knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities inc.
- develop and manage the collections of books and journals (both paper and electronic), as well as websites
- select, acquire and catalogue information using library and information software
- create, update and manage electronic and printed information resources
- coordinate and deliver information and digital literacy sessions to students, researchers and staff
- contribute to academic course development and liaise with academic departments assist researchers with literature searches
- manage and support the provision of reading lists and allocate the length of loans
- take on responsibility, in some cases, for archives and other special collections that the college may wish to create
- deal with user enquiries, which may involve one-on-one advice sessions
- deal with budgets in relation to your allocated subject areas/departments and, in some cases, purchase resources
- maintain relationships with external bodies, such as suppliers
- keep up to date with developments in the library sector and participate in professional groups or networks.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or Master’s degree in Education plus a Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science/ Information Management or a post-graduate diploma in Librarianship accredited by the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals.( CILIP )
- Be a native speaker of English or possess IELTS 7.5 Academic.
- Working knowledge of Arabic
- Demonstrated evidence through CV and interview of at least 5 years substantial and relevant management experience as a senior librarian in an academic higher education context.
- Prior work experience in the GCC and/or in a UK-style HE college environment. A track record at middle management level in a UK tertiary college library or UK-style tertiary college in the Middle East.
Appointments will be made immediately with the expectation that successful candidates can relocate to Qatar in April this year.
The contracts will be two years renewable. The package includes housing, car allowance, telephone allowance, flights annually, private health insurance + government health card. Managers will have 7 weeks paid leave. The breaks occur in December, April and in the summer.
Family status available
- Higher Education
- Information Management
- Information Science
- Library Management