School Librarian - Immediate start - Monday to Friday
Your new company
A fantastic secondary school in Gloucester is currently looking for a Librarian for as soon as possible to undertake a temporary role. The role will be full-time Monday - Friday ongoing to cover sick leave.
Your new role
As the School Librarian, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop the school library to be an attractive space for learning provision that contributes to raising standards.
- Implementing a policy for the Library which incorporates the educational aims and objectives of the school, and complies with data protection, copyright, health and safety legislation and the school's disciplinary code.
- Create and implement a strategy for library services to support the school development plan.
- Keep up to date with newly released publications to select library resources
- Maintain resources ensuring these are kept to a good standard and those which are out of date or in poor repair are disposed of appropriately.
- Manage the library budget in an effective manner to ensure best value
- Respond to enquiries and assist library users in accessing resources.
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and staff to high quality learning resources
What you'll need to succeed
Librarian and information qualification or equivalent as well as knowledge of techniques to encourage reading. Experience of working within a Library, preferably in a school environment or with young people. You will also need to have a minimum Grade C in Maths & English (or equivalent).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.