Library and Information Assistant
Liverpool Library and Information Services are seeking to recruit a number of Library & Information Assistants as part of its public library provision in Central Library. Liverpool Central Library contains a number of busy, vibrant departments dealing with a broad range of enquiries, public IT provision. This includes assisting users with membership queries, use the self-service kiosks and undertaking routine library duties.Key Accountabilities
- To offer advice and guidance to customers on the use of library materials. This can also include assisting with reference and archive enquiries.
- To use ICT and the library management system to assist customers in exploiting library services.
- To encourage customers to exploit self-service facilities.
- To help promote and exploit digital services such as the download library and to help users get online using public computers or exploit the Wi-Fi availability.
- To carry out cash handling and banking duties as assigned and comply at all times with Liverpool City Council's cash handling procedures.
- To maintain a welcoming and tidy environment in the library.
- To work flexibly across the library network.
- To carry out administrative duties as required.
- To take part in promotional activities and promote events taking place across the service.
- To undertake further training as and when required.
To apply Liverpool City Council's commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
Closing date: 9 August 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'