LGV Loader / Driver
Location: London Heathrow
Salary: Class 2 after 12 months service: £27,500
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, job holder must have a flexible approach to working variable shift patterns
A vacancy has arisen for LGV Loader/Drivers to be based at our Transport Department at London Heathrow (LHR) for the transportation of cargo pallets, containers, bulk freight and courier material to/from Airside/Landside to bonded warehouses.
Duties of the LGV Loader / Driver:
- To ensure the daily running of the facility, whilst maintaining high levels of customer service in conjunction with the Transport Management team. To support the Transport Management team in all areas of the business, and ensure compliance of Regulatory bodies e.g. HSE, CAA and HMRC/border agency
- Liaising with customers in a polite and efficient manner
- Operate a ULD carrier truck to deliver and collect cargo/freight to and from London Heathrow or London Gatwick
- Check loaded cargo against manifest or build sheet
- Ensure vehicle is sealed in accordance with Customs requirements
- Assist warehouse/ramp staff with offloading / loading of cargo / freight onto vehicles
- Interact closely with warehouse staff at all facilities to enable the efficient turnaround of the vehicle
- Responsible for the delivery/ collection / completion of transfer manifest (TFMS) forms, manifest sheets, airway bills, proof of delivery (POD) forms and other relevant documentation
- Liaise closely with Controllers and Supervisors in relation to flight arrival/departure times
- Assist other areas of the Transport Division, e.g. Airside, Transhipments to cover overtime/holiday/sickness cover
- Complete vehicle defect and tachograph records
- Carry out maintenance checks on vehicles
- Complete damage reports for vehicles
- Assist HM Customs as required
- Operate mobile and fixed equipment
- Normal colour vision to be able to obtain an airside driving licence.
Requirements of the LGV Loader / Driver:
- The applicants should have experience of working in a fast-moving challenging environment, with experience of providing the highest level of customer service, whilst working under pressure to meet operational deadlines
- The applicants should have a working knowledge of company procedures and be able to maintain a safe and secure working environment
- A full clean Driving License is essential
- Category C or C+E licence, including a Driver Qualification Card (DCPC)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Discreet and professional, confidentiality is paramount
- Good communicator written and oral
- Safety driven.
If you feel you are suitable for this LGV Loader / Driver role then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'