P+S Personnel are pleased to be seeking 2 x LGV Drivers to work on a full time permanent basis based in Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for moving TASCC products within Burton upon Trent along with other products from farms and stores to customers across the UK when required.
As our drivers are a key point of contact with our customers, they are crucial to the success of the business. The ideal candidate will adopt a customer-focused approach, taking responsibility and using their initiative to ensure they operate efficiently and represent the company at a high standard. Full training will be given in all aspects of the job.
- To safely tip and discharge load at scheduled delivery points
- To complete local loads, collect and deliver product into stores and processing plants
- The completion of distance work as per the requests of the transport schedulers
- To ensure a professional image is maintained at all times when representing the company
- To complete and achieve the required standard of driver training
- To work flexible shift patterns to match business requirements.
- To spend nights out, where necessary, often at short notice sleeping in the vehicle supplied
- To comply with the highway code and Freight Transport Association and Company guidelines
- To ensure that the shortest and quickest route is taken wherever possible to maximise vehicle efficiency
- To maximise the payload using electronic weighing equipment on fleet vehicles
- To ensure delivery vehicles are kept clean and tidy both internally and externally on a regular basis
- To sweep out vehicles between loads to ensure there is no product contamination
- To report any vehicle defects to the Transport team immediately
- To ensure that daily checks are carried out and routine vehicle inspection forms are completed
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Full driving licence
- Class 1 HGV Licence
- Driver CPC Training
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.