Benefits: Pension Scheme
Alexander Cleghorn is based in Tiptree, Essex and was established in 1958. The company is a family run business, providing a high level of service with a personal touch. We offer a dedicated DIY and Shelving service supplying a range of Melamine and Veneered panels. Furniture components are manufactured on our state of the art machinery which occupies several well-constructed factories on our sixteen acre site.
We are currently looking to recruit LGV Driver to join our Transport Department.
As a Driver, you will be delivering produced goods to all customers within allocated time frames, whilst adhering the Highway Code, Drivers Hours, Working Time Directive and Health and Safety regulations.
- Complete driver walk around checks and defect reports before commencement of driving and upon returning to the yard on a daily basis.
- Ensure that vehicle have been loaded and strapped correctly.
- Adhere to Highway Code at all times.
- Report any defects that occur during your working day to the Manager immediately by telephone.
- Ensure that actual inspection of vehicle has taken place.
- Inform Manager responsible of any defects that affect road worthiness or repair before commencement of driving.
- Provide tachograph card on a daily basis to the Logistics Manager for download.
- Adhere to Driver Hours and Working Time Regulations at all times.
- Hand in completed walk around checks and defect reports daily to the Logistics Manager.
- Clean vehicle cabs internally on a two weekly basis. (Wipe clean and remove all rubbish)
- Clean vehicle externally by using Snap Account on a two weekly basis.
- Attend eye test on a six monthly intervals.
- Complete DVLA licence check on a three monthly basis.
- Inform office immediately should you be unable to attend to all deliveries.
- Treat all customers courteously and with respect as you are representing the Company.
- Upon returning to the premises ensure that the following is completed:
- refill vehicle with diesel and Ad-Blue;
- open curtains;
- remove all rubbish on truck and disposed of correctly it and
- ensure that all ratchets and straps are neat and tidy and ready for loading.
- Return all Delivery Notes to the transport office on a daily basis.
- See manager for next day’s work.
- Upon return from sickness absence or holidays call in at 16:00 pm to obtain work for next day.
- Driver should provide an update by 15:00 pm when absent with sickness whether they will be working the next day.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday. Flexibility with working hours is essential as overtime will be required from time to time.
To be considered for our LGV Driver/Packer and Loader role, you will have the following skills and experience:
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- LGV Driver Class C (2) Licence & Current CPC Qualification
- No endorsement of driving licence
- Previous experience of driving vehicles with 27 ton laden.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & BEHAVIOURS
- Maintain excellent working relations with key departments and managers to ensure communication is well delivered throughout
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, self-motivation, and enthusiasm are essential, as is the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organise own workload
If you feel you are suitable for our LGV Driver position, please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job