We are currently recruiting for an LGV Driver Trainer working on nights for our client based in Market Drayton.
Our client employs over 24,000 people throughout Europe and develops, manufactures and markets a wide range of branded and private label dairy products made with milk from more than 1,700 British farmers.
We are recruiting in our Market Drayton Tanker logistics depot for a LGV/ HGV Driver Trainer on Night Shifts.
The HGV Driver Trainer / Assessor is part of the site management team and is responsible for delivering training, development and support to all Drivers in the performance of their duties.
The role will ensure all goods vehicle drivers are trained competently in line with company standards and legal requirements. Working with the Site Manager, Operations Support Manager and all Team leaders to ensure that Driving Assessments and other training requirements are delivered and all training records are maintained for all Driver
As well as conducting driver assessments and CPC Training, the driver trainer will be required to deliver training in the following areas-
- Site safety - Ensure all aspects of work are carried out in line with Health and Safety guidelines and coaching and training is adopted for all drivers.
- Endorse the Values and lead by example to actively support our H&S policy.
- Attend depot meetings to support and endorse our Health & Safety culture and communicate recent learning's from incidents
- As part of training delivered annually, ensure drivers read and sign SSOW and Risk Assessments.
- Deliver Manual Handling and Health and Safety presentations annually
- Reduce vehicle accidents through training and assessment
- Assist the Operations Support Manager on monthly driver meetings
- Identify and communicate accident black spot sites on routes
- Carry out farm assessments and issue risk communication at each site
- Manage and measure the fuel efficiency training programme Act with integrity
- Maintain accurate spreadsheets, detailing all driver training dates
- Reduce Tachograph infringements through training
The Driver trainer must:
- Possess a good understanding of all relevant legal compliance and fleet controls
- The Driver Trainer must have at least 2 year's experience of assessing drivers. The following skills apply
- Proactively work on driver performance
- SAFED trainer
- Manual handling trainer
- LGV C + E Licence (Min 2 Years Experience)
- Driving assessor trained
The role is working 5/7 shifts per week ,with PM starts so flexibility is required.
Salary is circa £32,000 per annum based on an 39 hour week.
Usual start times midday.
This is a permanent role.
To be considered for this role please apply or call us on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'