The chances are you’ll have seen our vehicles on the road delivering our food, so why not share our success and come and work for us? We’re a great company to work for and we have permanent opportunities for drivers to become part of the transport department in our Nottingham depot.
We’re a leading wholesale food distributor covering the whole of the UK, the preferred supplier for over 60,000 customers and our business is still growing.
What does this mean for you?
It means you can expect an excellent working environment, job security, fantastic development opportunities, and a great salary and benefits package. Not only this but being a multi-drop role, it will help you keep fit as you’re often out of the cab, meeting customers and being the face of our business to so many people. Our customers rely on you to feed their customers so the arrival of our lorry is always a welcome sight.
We value all our employees and over half of our workforce has more than 5 years’ service! Our drivers say: “The best thing about working for Bidfood is being on the road and working with a fantastic customer base!”
Your role as an LGV Class C Driver
You’ll be delivering food and non-food products to our customers in multiple locations throughout the day. The route can vary on a day-to-day basis but there will also be regular customers, meaning there’s a good mix of both variety and familiarity, which our drivers appreciate.
The role will be working 5 out of 6 days so will involve working some Saturdays on a rota basis.
What do you need to succeed?
You’ll possess a Category C LGV Licence. You’ll also enjoy a challenge and care about helping our customers succeed, taking pride in being the face of our company to so many people every day. You will also be:
- Physically fit –capable of pushing Roller cages approximately weighing 150 Kgs average, pallets 453 Kgs.
- Able to be a robust Multi-drop driver achieving an average of 12-25 drops in a post-coded area daily
- Able to navigate your way around using map/ satnav.
- Have a problem-solving attitude.
- Able to be effective in a highly pressurised environment
- Flexible with hours of work, up to 60hrs per week (Averaging 48hrs)
- No more than 6 points on your licence.
- Hold the correct licence Digi card DQC card, be up to date with driver CPC or prepared to get up to date.
What benefits can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday
- Subsidised canteen
- Free parking
- Exclusive range of over 4,000 high street discounts
- Personal accident insurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Pension and life assurance
- Training and ongoing development as well as free CPC training
If we sound like the kind of company you want to work for, then this may just be the career move you’ve been looking for! Click apply now.
You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through to provide consent and complete your application