This is more than a 'driving job’. It’s about ensuring customers get the best impression of this organisation. You are the 'face’ of the business, not just the delivery driver.
It’s all about making a good impression with your appearance, manner and the look of your vehicle. Ensuring goods are delivered in a first class condition, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving everyone you meet with a really positive impression of you and the business.
This is a demanding, but rewarding, role involving manual handling and multi-drop deliveries. Most deliveries are in the London area but you should be confident to drive and deliver to various outlets throughout the UK. You will be assisted by a drivers mate.
This is an annualised hour’s contract which will encompass working any four/five/six days or nights per week and will include weekend and public holiday working. On occasions it may be necessary to assist in the loading of vehicles.
It is essential you have the following:
- Current LGV Class 2 driving licence
- A driver CPC card
- You will be aware and adhere to all driving legislation required for driving a LGV vehicle and follow all Health and Safety procedures and be responsible for your own and other people’s Health and Safety.
- You will comply at all times with all relevant legislation in food safety and chill chain standards and ensure that the fridge is set to the correct temperature for the job being done.
- You will ensure that your vehicle is maintained in a safe and clean condition by doing all safety checks and filling in your defect book.
- You will ensure the security of all company property that is under your charge and collect all empty equipment from the customer.
- You must co-operate fully with the driver debrief procedure and undertake any other duties that may prove necessary.
Benefits: £36k salary
- 28 days holiday
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Personal Accident Scheme
Despite our best efforts it is not always possible to respond to every application individually due to the high volume of responses we receive on each vacancy
Only candidates who are short listed will be contacted for this particular role and if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that you have not be successful. However, we will keep your details on our database, and will contact you when other suitable positions come in.
- CPC National
- Heavy Lifting
- Class II