7.5 TONNE DRIVERS - GUARANTEED HOURS - TEMP TO PERM OPPORTUNITIES
SUPERB TEMP TO PERM OPPORTUNITIES FOR 28 7.5 TONNE DRIVERS.
For this role YOU will ideally be based within a 30 minute commute of Farnborough. Training and initial first 6 weeks will be based in Basingstoke with a travel allowance paid (0.45p per mile) dependant on your location.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
PAYE - £11.00 Per Hour
Permanent Salary after 13 weeks - £29,500 pa
GUARANTEED 48 HOURS PER WEEK
Hours of work:
- 0600-1400 but must be flexible with finish time due to the nature of the role.
- Monday to Friday during the first few weeks of the training period then going onto a Monday to Saturday Rota, Guaranteed 48 hours per week.
- Temporary to Permanent Role, 13 weeks temporary then a permanent job at the end.
- Basic Health and Safety/Manual Handling training is given
The Best Connection Employment Group are currently seeking 7.5tn Drivers for DHL's (Benson for Beds) new depot based in Farnborough. The first 6 to 8 weeks will be run from DHL's Basingstoke Depot.
This is on a 13 week temp-to-perm basis with guaranteed hours and a permanent job at the end of this period. Paying £29'500 once taken perm.
Monday to Friday role to start then going to a Monday to Saturday rota.
Immediate and future starts for those available straight away or in the future.
DHL is a distributor for Benson for Beds to customers throughout the south east of England. We are looking for candidates who are keen to drive as well as deliver this furniture into customer homes, heavy lifting will be involved.
Responsibilities of the 7.5tn Drivers
- Operate a 7.5tn vehicle to local areas, making deliveries, product pick up, etc.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tyre pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Adhering to assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely Interact with dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all task are carried out in a timely and professional manner and prepare to return home.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Working alongside a drivers mate to deliver and install furniture into customer homes. This is a customer facing role, although you wont be taking orders, you will be entering homes, so a courteous manner is required.
If you are interested in this role then please don't hesitate to contact Westley or Scott in the Guildford office today.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C1
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Training Provided
The Best Connection Employment Group Limited was formed in 1991. The company has a network of 80+ branches throughout the UK, from which specialise in the supply of temporary labour to the industrial, HGV, warehouse and distribution sectors.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job