The Best Connection are currently seeking an experienced Class 2 Driver to fill a position in North West London area. You will have the privilege of working for a large, reputable logistics firm so the successful candidate must adopt a professional work attitude at all times. New drivers are welcome as before employment is given you will require to undergo a two part assessment. There will be no heavy lifting involved as your vehicle will be preloaded for you.
The successful candidate will possess a current and valid Class 2 HGV Licence and must have HGV Class 2 driving experience.
Responsibilities of the Class 2 HGV Driver
- Making drops to depots to deliver food and other perishable goods to clients and returning back to depot. early starts with possibility of overtime.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tyre pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Adhering to assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely Interact with dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all task are carried out in a timely and professional manner and prepare to return home.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
Requirements of the Class 2 HGV Driver
- Class 2 Driving licence (C category on licence)
- Class 2 driving experience preferred
- Must have a clean licence (maximum 6 points)
- Verifiable references
Compensation of the Class 2 HGV Driver
The starting salary for this position is up to £10.00 hourly,
04:30 Start with opportunity for overtime if working over 8 hours.
Will be Monday to Friday but may include weekend work occasionally.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Training Provided
- Weekend Work
The Best Connection Employment Group Limited was formed in 1991. The company has a network of 80+ branches throughout the UK, from which specialise in the supply of temporary labour to the industrial, HGV, warehouse and distribution sectors.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job