ITN Mark Education are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and energetic SEN Teaching and Learning Assistant to support in a Nursery School with a range of Special Educational Needs (AUT & other), in the area of Wolverhampton.
You will need to hold a Level/NVQ 3 qualified / training or equivalent in (childcare/early childhood studies/teaching assistant or related qualification.
You should have knowledge and the ability to support SEN children in the classroom, including undertaking personal care and hygiene routines. You will need to be well motivated; able to communicate articulately and demonstrate a good level of Numeracy and Literacy skills.
This position is full time which is starting immediately and will be up until the end of the academic year (July 2018).
The ideal candidate would be required to:
- To provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the organisation of resources and the classroom environment as well as working under the direct instruction of teaching staff/senior staff.
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model, being aware of, and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Assist pupils in carrying out schemes of work and programmes set by teaching staff.
- Support pupils' in their individual learning and development, for example, in their acquisition of cognitive and learning skills.
- Help pupils to develop their literacy and numeracy skills, and thus to improve their attainment across the curriculum.
- Have positive behaviour management
- Awareness of Child Protection/Safeguarding
Benefits of working with ITN Mark Education:
- Good rates of pay including weekly pay
- Refer a friend to ITN Mark (must have worked for 1 day) and receive £100 worth of capital bond vouchers.
- Excellent support system in place for the staff, offering a real chance to make a positive impact on the children's education.
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Learning Support Assistant
- 1:1 support
- Level 3. SEN Experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job