Job Title- Level 3 Early Years Practitioner.
Responsible to- Room Leader/ Management
Purpose of the job- Work in partnership with Parents, and as part of the Nursery team, to create a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for the children, which provides them with a variety of opportunities to learn through both directed and self led activities.
Salary: - Excellent Rates of Pay
Benefits: - Subsidised gym membership, company pension and all training paid for.
Hours: - 40 hour week, this consists of shift patterns and a potential half day off each week. 28 days annual leave.
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures of the nursery and compliance with the Children’s Act, Health & Safety Legislation and work within the standards of Ofsted / Hampshire County Council.
- Ensuring any information regarding the children, their families, or other staff which is learned as part of the job is kept completely confidential.
- Working as part of a team, collaborating and sharing responsibility for high standards and performance.
- To advise the Room Leader of any concerns over children, parents or the safety of equipment; preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To act as a key person for a group of children, and having exceptional knowledge of your key children’s learning and development and the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
- Plan and resource a stimulating environment which is age appropriate , meets the children’s individual needs and facilitates autonomous learning enabling all children to maximize their full potential (independently or with assistance).
- Offer an appropriate level of support to each child through continuous interaction and communication with children throughout the day through free play and planned activities.
- Monitor children’s progress; keep meaningful records on key worker children and liaise with children’s parents and other team members to aid in planning to meet children’s needs.
- Ongoing active supervision to promote a safe, healthy and secure environment for children.
- Provide extended periods of purposeful outdoor play.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Sharing information with Parents at the end of each session, giving comprehensive feedback on their child’s day and participating in regular parent’s evenings
- Supervision of mealtimes and, where appropriate, preparation of baby’s bottles.
- Positive management of children’s behaviour.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Supervision and effective mentoring of Nursery Assistants and Students.
- Helping new staff to fit into the Nursery.
- Keeping and monitoring accident and incident records.
- Be committed to continuous professional development by attending in-service training and external courses as required.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager or Seniors.
- Minimum NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working with young children and families.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Good mental and physical health.
- Friendly, flexible approach.
- Willingness to learn and develop within the team.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Commitment to safeguarding the children in your care.
- Commitment to young children and families.
- Commitment to continuous professional development, and higher education.
- Candidate will be subject to DBS check.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Nursery Practitioner, Key Person, Team Leader, Room Leader, Education, Education and Teaching, Childcare, Nursery Teacher, Teacher.