Level 2 IT Field Technician
Kindertons Accident Management are looking for a Level 2/ 2nd line support Technician for a field based role.
You will be tasked with visiting Kindertons Group company sites and surrounding Depots, with Nationwide travel involved in the role. Your overall purpose as a Level 2 Field based Technician will be to offer full second line support to internal end users and assist with development projects.
Role and Responsibilities -
- Work with the End User Technology Manager to take charge of the design, build, installation and the maintenance of all desktop components.
- Consider opportunities for improvement from both the business side and the technical side
- Identify and deploy technical solutions to business problems that arise
- Provide 2nd Line technical support for Desktop Hardware, Operating Systems, peripherals, and mobile devices, Sage X3/Sage Line 50, Office 365 installs and MS Office Suite installs.
- Support of bespoke in-house developed applications.
- Provide project support when and where necessary.
- To be a 'go to’ member of the team and mentor junior team members.
- Supporting, training and helping the Team.
- Conduct via Helpdesk website, telephone and face to face support with staff in 2nd line situations to resolve any IT related problems that may arise.
- To be constantly striving to improve the Service offered by the department to our internal customers.
- Delegate duties where appropriate to maximize the department efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure that training needs in staff are identified and the information is fed back to the End User Technology Manager.
- Plan, develop and implement changes to the company’s networked IT infrastructure - including: server applications, website applications, phone system and bespoke applications.
- Coordinate the company’s IT assets including but not limited to; desktop PC’s, servers, printers and other networked hardware.
- Travel to the company’s other sites and depots to provide first and second line support on a regular basis
- Keep up to date with latest technologies that may be beneficial to the company.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by Manager/Director.
Skills and Experience -
- Several years desktop support experience in a Windows environment working to SLA’s.
- Solid general networking and fault finding experience.
- Good operational knowledge of Microsoft Office (2010, 2013, 2016) & Windows (7,8,10) including imaging to a standard.
- Extensive knowledge of Office 365 (Email, Skype for Business, OneDrive, PowerBI, SharePoint Online).
- Active Directory administration experience.
- Good knowledge of working with Microsoft SharePoint
- Good knowledge of managed print solutions such as PaperCut.
- Good knowledge of iOS/Android including MDM
- Good knowledge of VoIP telephony (Unify/Siemens in use)
- Good knowledge of asset management, monitoring and alerting tools such as LanSweeper
- Good knowledge of browser based solutions (IE/Chrome/Firefox etc.)
- Any knowledge of Sage applications is preferable (Sage X3/Line 50/Payroll)
- Overall sound judgment and technical knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills.
- The ability to build relationships with key people, both internally and where applicable externally of the company.
- The ability to use initiative at all times and make decisions when necessary.
- Hardware installation.
- Excellent internal and external customer services.
- Excellent team worker with the ability to be self-motivated and work alone if required
- Be able to document, train and transfer new standards, procedures and systems knowledge to IT community.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and also think outside of the box
- Detailed problem solving techniques and document for knowledge base solution.
- Production of self-help material for end users.
Hours - Between 8.00am - 6.00pm.
Company car or car allowance.
With immediate interview and start available.
- Fault Finding
- 2nd Line
- Project Support
- Work Alone
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'