PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED LEVEL 2 AND 3 AS REQUIRED FOR IMMIDIATE START!!!!!
To work as a member of the Nursery Team to ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences. To be responsible for meeting the requirements of regulatory bodies with relation to Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) matters, special needs, safeguarding, Health and Safety and to ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To assist in ensuring that the nursery provides a safe, happy and stimulating environment that is appropriate for individual children and enables them to meet their full potential.
- Deliver a key person approach.
- Ensuring that at all times the safeguarding and welfare requirements are met.
- Observe, plan and evaluate appropriately for children using the EYFS curriculum for prime and specific areas of learning.
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records, using formative and summative assessments.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers.
- Have an Understanding of British Values.
- Ensure children’s needs are met including SEND and Safeguarding.
- Work with other agencies including area SENDCOs, EYFS advisors and health professionals as appropriate.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures relating to the nursery.
- Operate the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Mentor and role model for other staff
- Meet the company’s minimum standards, philosophy, belief and ethos.
A Childcare and Education qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3 (or working towards)
Education and Training
Experience of working with children 0-5 years.
Current First Aid at Work qualification.
A sound knowledge of childcare development from birth to five years.
A knowledge and understanding of research related to childcare and education.
Understanding & ability to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum.
Knowledge and understanding of the statutory framework for the EYFS.
An understanding of a play based approach to children’s learning and development.
Understanding of the role of the "Key Person".
Knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
Skills and Ability
Good communication skills both written and verbal.
Ability to develop effective relationships with colleagues, parents and outside agencies.
An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
An understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
A willingness to undertake further training including some evenings and weekends.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'