Job Title: Assistant Manager / Business Development
Our Client is an established independent property company with its main offices in Woodford Green, Essex.
They mainly deal with Property Management, but also Residential Lettings and Sales plus commercial. They are currently looking for a new member of staff to join their team who can develop the business and help to source and bring on new clients both in Lettings and Sales, but particularly on the Property Management side. There are some property management duties as well, but these will not be significant.
Our Clients are looking for somebody who is probably at a senior Lettings Negotiator level who is looking for a more stable salary and a step toward management. You will need to demonstrate a background where you have brought in business and created, rather than just processed, business opportunities or Lettings clients.
The role will be primarily Monday to Friday and they are looking to offer a basic salary around £25k plus a profit share giving realistic on target earnings of £35-40k Candidates will preferable have a full UK driving licence and their own car ( a car allowance will be provided). A fuller job description is below.
The role holder will be responsible for identifying, securing and managing new business to increase
company revenue with both new and existing clients, working to pre-agreed targets.
In addition, the role holder will be responsible for some property management tasks and providing
support to the Branch Manager in the general running of the office and associated activities.
It is anticipated that this role will be approximately 70% business development and 30% property
management, however this may vary depending on business needs.
Responsibilities & Key Tasks
1. Bringing on new landlords and properties for sales and / or lettings
2. Finding, instructing and managing subagents for lettings and sales duties. This includes monitoring the weekly performance of each subagent
3. Bringing on new properties for management (management fees)
4. Sourcing and negotiating new land and / or property acquisitions by our group companies. Presenting potential deals to the directors of the company at periodic meetings. For deals which our group
companies do not proceed to buy, offering those opportunities to other investors in exchange for finders fees.
5. Actively setting up and managing social media channels for the purpose of generating sales revenue
6. Ensuring all property adverts and marketing materials are accurate and consistent across all portals and advertising mediums
7. Identifying, researching and presenting new ideas for revenue generation to Branch Manager and Managing Director, including monitoring competitor activity if applicable at periodic meetings
8. Ensuring that all opportunities to increase revenue are explored, sharing successes with other team members to help them identify and maximise sales opportunities
9. Providing regular reports to management to cover business development activities and progress against targets
10. Carrying out property viewings with prospective tenants
11. Dealing with the creation and administration of all documents relating to tenancies
12. Dealing with all aspects of lettings, including arranging viewings, negotiations, issuing of contracts and dealing with all tenant queries
13. Negotiating and arranging rent reviews / tenancy renewals
14. Supporting Branch Manager as and when required with property management, maintenance and credit control duties
15. Upholding company standards at all times and represent the company and other members of staff in the best light at all times
16. Adhering to all company policies and ensure that any failure to do so, by yourself or other members of staff, is reported to senior management at the earliest opportunity
17. Any other duties required for operation of the department and the company
Property Management Responsibilities & Key Tasks
1. Point of contact (including shared responsibility as out of hours emergency cases) for all accounting, management and maintenance queries from tenants and landlords as well as for contractors and supply chain
2. Carrying out periodic inspections, inventories, tenant check-ins and check-outs, deposit deduction negotiations
3. Dealing with utility, insurance and service contract renewals.
4. Ensuring that all managed properties comply with current legislation (health and safety, EPC’s, gas and electrical safety etc)
5. Dealing with the creation and administration of all documents relating to properties and tenancies
6. Maintaining an effective filing system for both electronic and hardcopy documents
7. Negotiating and arranging rent reviews / tenancy renewals
8. Dealing with all property maintenance issues from the initial notification of a fault to arranging contractors, obtaining competitive quotes and inspecting works. Approving invoices received for onward payment by the Finance Director
9. General operations and duties relating to office and running of company
10. Credit control - ensuring timely receipt of rent and service charges, including:
a. invoicing (tenants, suppliers and contractors , issuing invoices, processing payments and filing
b. updating system with rental and service payments and sending reminders / chasing for overdue payments
11. Manage the property portfolio to maximise office income, including the retention of properties and clients
12. Diary management for the Directors and other staff
13. Effectively operate existing processes to provide the Directors with up-to-date financial information.
This requires extensive and accurate use of software including spreadsheets, maintaining databases and using formulas
14. Any other duties required for operation of the department and the company
- Business Development
- Estate Agents
- Property Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job