Our client is a privately funded bridging lender that offers first charge bridging & re-bridging loans on non-owner occupied residential and commercial properties with loans from £27,500 to £5,000,000+. They are the fastest growing family run, privately funded business in the UK offering short-term bridging and re-bridging loans. Specialising in residential and commercial properties since 2011, their management team has over 100 years property lending and banking experience.
They are currently looking for 2 Underwriters to join their team based in Altrincham, this is due to their continued business growth.
Maintain strong broker and borrower relationships. Actively manage loan enquiries from brokers, process valuations and legal instructions through to completion of the loan whilst fostering relationships to secure future business. Support the Senior Underwriter with any delegated tasks, as appropriate.
- Coordinate the submission and return of application documentation to brokers.
- Take responsibility to instruct valuations and in conjunction with valuers, assess the reports.
- Ensure that reasonable comparable research is completed on properties.
- Compile and produce reports as and when required.
- Issue offer letters, instruct solicitor and pre-loan enquiries according to policy. Seek approval of these documents in accordance with the policy.
- Provide brokers with any updates promptly with the progress of their cases together with formal weekly updates.
- Analyse all financial information received relating to loans and seek further clarification when appropriate. Focus on completing all loan applications through to completion.
- Compile credit reports for the credit committee and deal with queries raised.
- Mailing full online and hard copies to folder of cases with all notes and documents stored correctly on the system.
- Responsibility to instruct Asset Manager and Quantity Surveyor visits.
- Provide absence cover to the Underwriting team to ensure departmental resilience.
- Understand clearly the timeframe within which each case is required to complete and tailor the case procedure and your workflow accordingly.
- Manage a large Underwriting case load of applications through to completion ensuring both Company service standards and the lending policy is compliant.
- Build and maintain strong and successful working relationships with customers, brokers, surveyors, solicitors and other stakeholders.
- Take a pragmatic approach when assessing loans by analysing risk and merit and apply best practice when decision making. Understand and scrutinise key items as credit searches, bank statements, financial statements etc.
- Manage stakeholder expectations by applying honesty and transparency throughout the process.
- Price loans for risk under the guidance of the Senior Underwriter.
- Deliver high levels of accuracy and attention to detail in data input and written communication. Ensure the case management system and file notes are up to date and accurate.
- Deal with all internal and external enquiries efficiently and in accordance with Company standards.
- Support colleagues in the underwriting team to manage case load and ensure timely completion and high standards of case management and best working practices.
- Financial Information
- Credit Reports
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job