Lending Manager - Commercial Mortgages
Who we are
An award-winning bank here to help Britain's go-getters.
More about us
In 2009, Aldermore set out to be the bank helping those with ideas, big and small, to realise their dreams and to seek and seize opportunity in their personal and professional lives. We call it banking for the bold. Today, we're an award-winning bank that has helped fund the growth of Britain's small businesses through a range of business finance solutions, specialist mortgages and savings accounts that provides our customers with the support they need to make things happen. Join us if you want to find yourself at the heart of a dynamic, growing organisation where our employees are empowered to grow their expertise and build their careers.
Lending Managers at Aldermore have helped our Commercial Mortgages department to grow exponentially and develop a UK-wide reputation for traditional underwriting characterised by high quality service and excellent sector expertise. In fact, we've won many awards for product development, customer service and technical innovation. Our customers come to us through our relationships with selected mortgage brokers, so we can give each one, whether business owner, property developer or investor, a precisely tailored mortgage that fits their exact needs. It's a forward-thinking team environment in which to grow your career.
To source and progress Commercial Mortgage loan applications through to completion and manage all aspects of broker and case pipelines. The role holder is responsible for making suitable recommendations to the Bank's credit function to enable growth of the Commercial Mortgage lending book in line with business strategy, whilst ensuring that all loan applications are completed within policy and criteria. The role holder will also play a significant part in managing introducer relationships from key accounts.
- Delivery of quality, risk based determination of credit risk - maximising the marginal return of new business lending balanced with the risk presented.
- You will need to have some hotel lending experience.
- Complete extensive due diligence on commercial mortgage applications adopting a host of credit assessment skills to recommend the basis on which risk is taken.
- Oversee, in conjunction with support staff, legal advisors and chartered surveyors, the drawdown process to ensure offered facilities are drawn as smoothly and quickly as possible
- Development of broker and borrower relationships to ensure a strong flow of new business proposals
- To achieve set individual targets in a variety of areas and to contribute towards the overall performance of the Commercial Mortgage business, whilst minimising the risk of losses.
- Ensure that market, sector and Regulatory knowledge is continuously developed and maintained
The ideal candidate will be someone tenacious and able to hit the ground running. You will need commercial real estate experience and a hunger to succeed. A detailed understanding of banking credit processes is crucial for this role.
You will have proven ability to extract key financial information for individuals, partnerships and companies and the ability to work on own initiative as role is predominantly home based
You will need previous experience of developing strong relationships with customers, brokers and other professional partners
As you would expect, this opportunity offers a competitive basic salary and reward package, and you'll also benefit from our commitment to investing in your professional development.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'