Our client is a fast growing specialist retail lending and savings group serving the UK and is authorised by the PRA and regulated by the FCA. They have built a strong reputation as a specialist lender offering a broad range of products to UK SME’s and consumers including Residential, Buy-To-Let/SME Mortgages and Secured Personal Loans.
The core responsibility of the Lending Assessor is to work in partnership with members of the Underwriting team in order todeliver excellent customer service whilst maintaining quality with assessment of key underwriting documents to support the achievement of departmental SLA’s and annual lending target.
Role responsibilities include:
- To manage own pipeline of cases ensuring department SLA’s are met
- Assess mortgage application documents in line with policy
- Provide referral/ recommendations to Underwriters for offer approvals with rationale support.
- Liaise with Mortgage Intermediaries via telephone and written correspondence
- Instruct and interpret Valuation Reports
- Take inbound telephone calls where required to support the Broker Liaison team
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing as required
- Follow and keep up to date with current best practice and regulatory requirements and recommend improvements or changes to procedure
- Complete general administration duties and ad hoc tasks or projects as and when required
- Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to Management or the appropriate person in line with procedure
- Perform Pre-offer pipeline chases to support turnaround times
- Use Bank’s OSIRIS in line with training
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations
The successful candidate will have:
- 24 months previous experience undertaking a mortgage packaging role OR a mortgage application processing role at mortgage Lender or Estate Agency is essential
- 12 months previous outbound call experience in relation to mortgage application processing is essential
- Previous primary servicing or collections experience is highly desirable
- Robust understanding of the Mortgage lifecycle from application to completion is essential
- Robust knowledge of the house buying process is essential
- GSCE/GCE qualifications in both maths and English are essential
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job