We are currently accepting applications for the position of Leisure Club Manager for The Belfry Leisure Club at the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
The Resort has been awarded 'England’s Leading Resort & England’s Best Golf Hotel’ the past two years and 'Europe’s Best Golf Resort’ 2016. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002. Join us and be part of our winning team.
Scope of the Role:
Managerial responsibilities include the efficient and effective management of the leisure club and crèche; generating revenue; recruiting, managing and training staff; organising and publicizing events; attracting new clients and retaining existing members. Championing customer service by delivering an engaging world class fitness experience ensuring high standards and profit maximisation. Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations; and overseeing maintenance of equipment and premises.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Prepare and develop the leisure club’s annual marketing plan. Coordinate all promotional activities, PR and events in line with this.
- Effectively integrate the leisure club and crèche within the Hotel marketing strategy and ensure ongoing representation of the leisure club and crèche, both internally and externally.
- To monitor competitor activity and to ensure that any development or innovation by your local competitors has the least possible impact on your business.
GUEST & HOTEL RELATIONS
- Lead by example by providing a warm welcome to clientèle whilst striving to provide outstanding service.
- Create and maintain relations with leisure guests and members through having an active presence in leisure reception and other key guest areas.
- Deal with any client complaints promptly and effectively, ensuring client satisfaction and revenue is not jeopardised. Record any grievances and follow up accordingly, liaising with the General Manager where necessary.
- Conduct tours of the leisure club for VIPs, journalists and prospective members. Act as an Ambassador for the leisure facilities at all times.
- Hold regular meetings and create strong relationships with key Hotel departments such as Front Office, Housekeeping and Maintenance.
- To maintain a visual presence within the gym & poolside and deal with any member/guest/resident queries.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the employees of the leisure club and crèche to develop a highly motivated team, who can deliver excellent standards of service in all areas.
- Conduct performance appraisals for all leisure department instigating progressive development and succession planning. Review all staff performance on a regular basis.
- Ensure team are CRB checked and clear as per club policy.
- Train the team and promote up selling techniques for Personal Training and Fitness Products.
- Monitor service, operational standards and client satisfaction taking necessary action to ensure Hotel Brand standards are maintained and quality is controlled.
- Aim to achieve consistently high scores in company audits, resolving any highlighted issues through training or reviewing operational procedures.
- Support all leisure operational areas and team members by protectively assisting guests and undertaking operational duties as and when required.
- Take regular walk rounds of the leisure club to monitor cleanliness, maintenance and presentation.
- Oversee and ensure all legislation and requirements are being upheld as per the leisure club and crèches operating licence(s).
- Organise and co-ordinate group exercise classes, ensuring that the team deliver a minimum of 2 classes per week.
- Manage daily operations across department including Personal Training, Group Exercise, Poolside & Swimming programme (where required). Communicate daily/weekly & Monthly targets to all team members and facilitate their achievement.
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene to the highest standards in the Leisure club including the changing rooms in accordance with Company standards and to comply with statutory legislation.
- Experience in a busy hotel leisure facility or high street Leisure facility with pool etc,
What’s in it for me?
- 45 Hour Contract
- Straight Shifts
- Competitive Salary
- Fantastic progression opportunities
- Industry leading training and development
- Meals On Duty
- Free Car parking
- 28 Days Holiday
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
- Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
- Plus Many Many More
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive Hotel Company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.
- General Manager