The Leisure Assistant’s role is to work within the centre, ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will involve supervision of specific activities including Lifeguarding the swimming pools, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
- Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety at all times, by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring
- Provide supervision of dry-side activities to ensure customer safety at all times, by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring
- Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities
- Undertake cleaning tasks as required, to ensure the centre is well presented and monitor standards of cleanliness in customer critical areas such as changing rooms, health suite and toilets
- Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are promptly dealt with or reported as appropriate
- Maintain high levels of customer service at all times
- Maintain a full product knowledge of the services and activities available at the centre
- Attend training sessions in order to demonstrate competency and maintain a valid qualification
- Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy, to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint
- The leisure Assistant will possess a current Royal Lifesaving Society National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.