We are recruiting for a Legal Support Officer for the Litigation department of a law firm in Cheshire.
Qualifications / Experience
- Legal experience
- Experience of Team working
- Good standard of secondary school education
- Computer literate/ICT Skills
- Experience working within DPA guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities
- General office duties including opening and delivering post
- General errands
- Creation of new cases and data input into office case management system
- Open and allocate incoming post
- Link cases on various systems
- Maintain court dates log
- Copying, scanning, faxing
- Opening office files - hard copy and electronic files
- Closure of legal & office files/scanning and saving to hard drive
- Prepares a variety of legal documents under guidance of the supervisor and firm solicitors
- Organise and archive files and supporting documents
- Administration duties as requested by Supervisor.
- Maintain communication with the Creditors and clients.
- Handle incoming calls and ensure all databases are updated.
- Verifies information provided as appropriate
- Update Proclaim records according to daily information
- Complete litigation paperwork when required/requested by management
- Entering dates in Critical Date Diary
- Preparing routine documentation
- Supporting fee-earners with specific delegated tasks
- To follow Treating Customers Fairly policy on each transaction, ensuring the best customer outcome is achieved.
- Tidying files
- Preparing bundles
- Observe complete confidentiality on every occasion to protect client and employee information in line with DPA training.
- To comply with and be up to date with all aspects of compliance, Data Protection, Anti Money Laundering and financial crime awareness.
Knowledge and Skills/Requirements
- A knowledge of the legal Industry
- Good interpersonal skills with presentation that represents the company image.
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to follow all company policies and core values including Treating Customers Fairly policy.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Be able to work on own initiative taking a practical proactive approach
- Be able to work under pressure and to strict time scales
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd ()are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job