Permanent Legal Support Assistant. Southampton. Full time.
Your new company
You will be working for one of the largest regional law firms.
Your new role
You will be providing high quality administrative and other support services within the team to enable the efficient delivery of the team operational strategy.
Specifically the areas of involvement will include:
- Client and Business Development / Prospective Client Engagement Activities, Team and File Operational Activities and Team Finance and Risk Activities.
- Interaction - Building contact and marketing lists and managing and tracking of client/BD activity and referrals leads
- Events - taking responsibility for events within the Group, liaising with internal and external clients for
requirements, bookings, catering, equipment requests etc and ensuring events are fully supported
- Taking responsibility for other administrative business development tasks for the team as agreed from
time to time, eg co-ordinating submissions to relevant entries, co-ordinating external invitations to BD
activities, tailoring team sheets for prospective clients, preparing resources to take to client meetings.
- Dealing with file opening and accompanying maintenance procedures alongside the central file opening
function; to include production of terms of business letters, confirmation of instruction letters, ID checks
and the entering of entities and capacities on each new client/matter file
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need to understand and interpret complex tasks.
- You will need a positive and practical approach with the ability to identify and implement opportunities to develop your own and the team support services to fee earners.
- You will also need excellent IT skills across the MS suite of programmes along with a willingness to learn new computer packages
- Previous PA and Legal Secretary experience
MUST HAVE COMMERCIAL PROPERTY EXPERIENCE
What you'll get in return
You will receive five weeks' annual leave (with the additional flexible option to buy/sell up to a week on an annual basis), Discounted gym membership via Gym Flex, An additional discretionary one day as an 'office shut down' day annually at Christmas time and many other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.