Location: Stevenage, SG1 2EF
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
About the company:
Our client are a land-owning public open space Management Company with an ever-increasing portfolio of over 300 developments throughout England and Wales. Their open spaces include a variety of features such as extensive soft landscaping, play areas, roadways, street lighting, drainage, as well as an ever-increasing desire to improve the ecological value on their sites.
The Legal Supervisor role
The successful candidate will be a key placement in their Head Office based team, helping to run a busy department dealing with the production of Deed of Covenants and issuing consent to Land Registry on the sale and transfer of properties within their portfolio of managed properties on new housing developments. This role will be reporting directly to the Administration Manager.
Duties will include:
- Supervising and assisting with prioritising the workload of 2 other team members, reviewing turnaround times and ensuring the general smooth running of the department.
- Answering the phone and dealing with solicitors and resident’s general enquiries, including taking customer payments.
- Dealing with residents change of ownership details for the Meadfleet managed properties, including the production of the legal contract (Deed of Covenant) and issuing consent to Land Registry.
- Updating their computer records for new owners.
- General Admin duties to assist the overall smooth running of the office which includes general answering of the telephone and assisting with the company’s 6 monthly invoice run
The ideal Legal Supervisor will need the following skills and experience:
Experience from a conveyancing background and knowledge of a Deed of Covenant is desirable. They require candidates to have a willingness to learn, a can-do attitude and a be team player.
The Ideal candidate will be able to follow structured processes and procedures, work efficiently and be able to handle numerous transfer files simultaneously; have excellent communication skills to interact by phone, email and face-to-face; be organised and able to prioritize your own work load, the work load of your team, and be engaging and approachable.
Knowledge of Excel and Sage 200 would be beneficial
- 5% employer pension contributions, increasing to 10% in August 2018
- 25 days holiday
- Parking space on site
- They offer an excellent working environment, with a friendly, happy team.
If you feel you’re suitable for thisLegal Supervisor role, then please apply today!