Manchester or Cardiff
This is a key role in our Conveyancing Business, supporting our colleagues in providing an excellent service to customers.
The role will lead the development of Property Lawyers across all three of our Conveyancing centres, (Cardiff, Manchester and Beaconsfield) from entry level to long-serving case-handlers to ensure they have the level of skill required to run all types of residential Conveyancing transactions (including leasehold). The role may also include providing legal skills training to other areas of the business.
The rolewill be responsible for the delivery of the Academies and Apprenticeships across all Centres.
Examples of what you will be doing:
- Identifying training needs across the Centres as required, and to make the appropriate development recommendations.
- Designing, preparing or updating legal training modules, which can be delivered by the training team to meet the business needs.
- Delivering the appropriate level of training using relevant delivery methods across all levels of the organisation to an agreed timetable.
- Evaluating the training carried out to ensure continuous improvement has been achieved and business benefit delivered, by reflecting any changes into subsequent training sessions.
- Coaching and supporting our people in their "on the job" training, including case management systems training and preparation for external exams.
- Providing inspirational role modelling for our people.
- Coaching and supporting other members of the Training Team as required.
- Coaching and mentoring trainees of the Academy in their "on the job" training which may also include signing off cases to facilitate their progression/promotion
- Overseeing successful delivery of the Apprenticeship Programme
- Using the experience of the Resolution Team, work to ensure training is relevant and meets the needs of the business and any changes required
- Identifying training needs within the Conveyancing Centres and working with the Legal Skills Trainers to facilitate delivery
- Briefing groups of Lawyers to implement company policies, law and guidance
- Liaising with the training resource within the Business to Business Division to identify and facilitate soft skills training.
Examples of how you will do your job:
You will bring all aspects of our values to life: Personal, Responsible, Straightforward and Passionate:
- Responsible - for the quality of advice given; assessing risk on every transaction or problem escalated to them and using skills and experience to undertake timely problem solving and coaching on matters
- Straightforward - communicating in language that makes the complex easier and relevant to understand and delivering pragmatic decision making and legal advice
- Passionate - ensuring that all activities and tasks required to be performed are undertaken promptly and proactively, prioritising where appropriate and inspiring others to do likewise.
- Personal - assessing your own performance and striving to continually improve performance of yourself and colleagues
Examples of how you will know you are doing a great job:
- There will be a programme in place to accommodate the training of Property Lawyers to a standard where they are able to undertake the majority of residential Conveyancing transactions with minimal supervision, with varied entry levels
- The Lawyers will be motivated and passionate about what they do and feel supported in their role and in their development
- The business will have the flexibility to accept work of varied types and the confidence that all work will be handled competently and productively
- Excellent feedback from all the different parts of the centre
- Developing the potential of the ilearning platform to deliver both training and a flexible and innovative Knowledge Centre.
Experience you have that will set you up for success:
- Regulated by the SRA, CLC or CILEx desirable but not essential
- Wide technical experience in conveyancing
- Ability to inspire, train and coach others
- Ability to summarise legal issues succinctly and provide practical and confident advice
- Experience of mentoring and development
- Knowledge of AML regulations
- Strong system/process skills
Other helpful things to know:
- This role will be based in Manchester or Cardiff
- Travel required to all Conveyancing centres
- Full time position