JobTitle: Legal Services Manager
Salary: Up to £45,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Services Manager to join a well established organisation based in Wimbledon.
You will provide support and assistance to the Officer in the management of the strategic direction, workflow and resources in the Legal Services Department within the company.
The Department is responsible for delivering services and benefits appropriate to the Legal Services Department including all aspects of personal injury and employment law issues and other related services across all the businesses covered by the company.
- To manage and oversee the workflow for all services and benefits provided by the Legal Services Department.
- To take decisions, as necessary, in respect of existing and new cases, including claims against the company.
- To allocate cases for investigation/representation by legal advisors or panel members, maintaining a close working relationship with all these parties and ensuring progress and development of claims is closely managed.
- To provide guidance and advice to the Departmental team in their initial contact with all parties involved, employment tribunal panelists and legal advisors.
- Day to day line management of Legal Services staff in line with the company's Policies and procedures.
- Oversee the management of the Departments databases and ensure systems are in place to maintain legal accuracy and meet data protection regulations.
- To support the Head of Legal Services in the strategic planning and direction of the Legal Services function
- Budget management for specific accounts.
- Line Management responsibility - current staffing 11.
Your knowledge, qualifications and skills
- To have a knowledge on all aspects of the services provided by the company's Legal Services Department
- To have a good understanding of the company's aims, policies, organisation and constitution
- Have previous line management/supervisory experience
- Likely to hold a supervisory or specialist qualification and/or have 2/3 years relevant supervisory or specialist experience equivalent to NVQ Level 3
- Ability to translate ideas into specific and workable projects
- The post holder is required to have excellent people management skills
- experience and ability to manage and motivate a team and individuals
- the ability to support and encourage training and development of employees to meet the needs of the department whilst keeping within the budget
- the ability to deal quickly and effectively with people management issues
- the ability to ensure the standards set out in the company's equality policy are met within the department
- the ability to share and exchange information and ideas within the department
- the ability to ensure that staff in the department are working in a safe environment
- ability to manage a team, monitor performance and to inspire and support employees
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management skills
- Discernment and the ability to assess a situation objectively
- prioritise multiple tasks and activities to meet the needs of the department
- The job holder will be expected to work within and manage change through new ideas and initiatives in the management of the service.
- The job holder needs the ability to understand complex information, understand and weigh up options and recognise constraints in making decisions
- Excellent IT skills using Microsoft office, outlook, the internet, Proclaim and databases
- Knowledge/experience of Proclaim or ability to gain a competent and detailed knowledge in a short space of time
- Sound numeracy skills and ability to manage and work within budgets.
Our client is looking forward to conducting interviews and starting someone new in their team. By registering with Office Angels you will benefit from the support of a dedicated and experienced recruitment consultant, have access to various interviewing techniques, regular updates of the local employment market and consistent feedback on all applications. This service is offered right through to the day you start your new role and beyond! Please be aware that we are currently receiving a high volume of applications and will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions. Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Legal Services Manager